Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visitor Parking-Sports Complex

Options
  • 06-12-2008 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

I'll be attending an event in the sports hall in UCD next week in the morning. I'll have to drive and was wondering will there be anywhere for me to park or will it be difficult to find a space?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I expect there will be plenty of parking as most students will be finished for the Christmas break. There's a car-park just beside the Sports Centre, easiest found by entering via the Clonskeagh gate -- it's on your left after about 200m. Alternatively any car park you'll find after entering via the N11 will be well within walking distance of the Sports Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

I expect there will be plenty of parking as most students will be finished for the Christmas break. There's a car-park just beside the Sports Centre, easiest found by entering via the Clonskeagh gate -- it's on your left after about 200m. Alternatively any car park you'll find after entering via the N11 will be well within walking distance of the Sports Centre.

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr Minraise

Thats a shocking car park by the way. Full of mud and pot-holes. Ppl only park there if the traffic has been a absolute mare and everywhere else if full.

If you drive anything like a golf GTI or better, your best off taking the second left (i.e. left at the roundabout) and then swing a first left again.

When your in that car park park up to the left handside away from the footie pitches as its free up that end. If thats full just use the pay and display at the other end. Trust me, will work out cheaper after you've to pay for carwash and new wax job from the other place.

Obv, if your driving a **** car ignore all of the obove.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Thats a shocking car park by the way. Full of mud and pot-holes. Ppl only park there if the traffic has been a absolute mare and everywhere else if full.

If you drive anything like a golf GTI or better, your best off taking the second left (i.e. left at the roundabout) and then swing a first left again.

When your in that car park park up to the left handside away from the footie pitches as its free up that end. If thats full just use the pay and display at the other end. Trust me, will work out cheaper after you've to pay for carwash and new wax job from the other place.

Obv, if your driving a **** car ignore all of the obove.

Wow, what bull****. Yes, the car park at the water tower is terrible but if you drive anything better than a golf GTI you shouldn't park there? Cop on to yourself. That would rule out alot of cars! I've seen mercedes and BMW's parked there. If you can afford a great* car like a golf you can afford to pay for a car wash. Pathetic way of telling everyone you drive a Golf.

Anyway despite his ignorance, he has a point. Park in the car park beside the sports centre. Wouldn't be able to predict how busy it will be with the exams starting next week. Be safe and head in early, ie before 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

Shazbot wrote: »
    Wow, what bull****. Yes, the car park at the water tower is terrible but if you drive anything better than a golf GTI you shouldn't park there? Cop on to yourself. That would rule out alot of cars! I've seen mercedes and BMW's parked there. If you can afford a great* car like a golf you can afford to pay for a car wash. Pathetic way of telling everyone you drive a Golf.

Anyway despite his ignorance, he has a point. Park in the car park beside the sports centre. Wouldn't be able to predict how busy it will be with the exams starting next week. Be safe and head in early, ie before 10.
    yes he does have a point.......perhaps he should have said if you like youre car as opposed to if you have a **** car but he made a valid point and its the internet dont get yourself all worked up;)

just head in before 10 and youll be grand, Id say a lot of people will be parked in ucd and getting the shuttle down to the rds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

woop wrote: »
    just head in before 10 and youll be grand, Id say a lot of people will be parked in ucd and getting the shuttle down to the rds

Anybody notice if parking has been busy there the last few days?

Advertisement