Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

520 BMW / 220 Lexus

Options
  • 06-12-2008 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

I've always liked the 5 series. the wife loves toyota.

i have 25k to spend, don't do many miles per year, maybe 8000.

what do you suggest ? other cars considered.

thanks,
    scargs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,457 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

25k is a lovely budget, scargs. You can buy many very nice cars for that. Would you tell us what it is you want in a car? I mean, for your budget you could buy a low end 1.0l brand new Toyota very basic car with all options ticked, or a 10 year old superb Rolls-Royce
    scargill wrote: »
    I've always liked the 5 series. the wife loves toyota.

A compromise might be a (Toyota) Lexus GS. It won't let either of you down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Who's paying.

I'm going to assume you, BMW in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

There really is no contest here.

If you can afford something you've "always liked", what the hell are you waiting for? Have you even driven one yet? I think if you do you'll find out *very* quickly what you've been missing out on. They are an extraordinary car, very few cars can claim to be a Jack of all trades AND a master of them all too:)!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

get the 520, you can import a v nice 2007 one for 25k. No comparison between that and the IS220. The IS is in the 3 series class, not the 5 series.

Advertisement