Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter from Permanent TSB

Options
  • 06-12-2008 2:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Hi guys and gals

I got a letter today in the post from PTSB with a variable rate mandate form to be signed. Now I didn't order this at all, and there was nothing else in the letter only this form. I'm on a tracker mortgage so have no intention of changing. But I'm just wondering what the hell they're up to. It was late this evening when I opened so didn't have time to call them but am just wondering is this a dirty tactic or something by them. They can't make me come off the tracker can they?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

AntiRip wrote: »
    They can't make me come off the tracker can they?

It depends on what it says in the contract you signed, but if the contract states that the interest rate will be the ECB rate + X%, then they are bound by that.

It is probably a way for them to get customers off tracker rates and onto variable rates. You should look at the terms and conditions carefully and if in doubt seek legal advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

It depends on what it says in the contract you signed, but if the contract states that the interest rate will be the ECB rate + X%, then they are bound by that.

It is probably a way for them to get customers off tracker rates and onto variable rates. You should look at the terms and conditions carefully and if in doubt seek legal advice.

Hi. Forgot to clear this up. The reason for the letter was that I was a month in arrears because I switched banks to Halifax and they didn't switch my mortgage :rolleyes:

Advertisement