Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listen to U2 track 'Mercy' rumoured to be on new album

Options
  • 06-12-2008 3:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FcHGJHA23Y

^U2 - 'Mercy', this track is heavily rumoured to be on U2's new album in 2009, and it's a damn fine tune in my opinion. Excellent stuff.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Matt3

Bloody hell, now that is a good track. I like it a lot, quite catchy as well.

I did hear somewhere before that apparently Bono told fans in 2007 that 'Mercy' would probably make it on to the next album, make of that what you will...we'll see, still excellent song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Meh. I like U2 (you won't be surprised to hear that, given my username;)), but really, I do not have high expectations regarding this album.

Mercy is an ok track, but it is not a new song. It's a left-over from the HTDAAB sessions. That means it was originally recorded at least 4 years ago. It does concern me that they are now seemingly offering up left-overs from previous albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I'm surprised at how good the song actually is tbh. I woudln't really worry about them offering up left overs from previous albums because they have done this before. I think at least one song of How To Dismantale An Atomic Bomb came out of the All That You Can't Leave Behind sessions and I really liked that album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Jessica4

I'm surprised at how good the song actually is tbh.
    Gotta agree, that's a really good song, i particularly like the guitar hook that goes on through the song all the time. I love the chorus part where Bono is signing about the different aspects of love.

Mercy is an impressive track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

I wonder will Duffy sue them :D **** song btw, but then what do ya expect from Bono freak and co :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Me likey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Cpaw wrote: »
    I wonder will Duffy sue them :D

I'm surprised Duffy hasn't had her ass sued by Dolly Parton to be honest :confused:

Not sure what to make of this track to be honest, might take a few more listens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Dave5

Cpaw wrote: »
    I wonder will Duffy sue them :D **** song btw, but then what do ya expect from Bono freak and co :rolleyes:
    Yes you are up your own arse.:D

'Mercy' is definitely a grower, really like it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

dont like it. boring, predictable, its dragged out for too long. mediocre for todays already feeble standards in music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Takestockholden

It's a decent album track. They're gonna need some much better songs though for the album. And he needs to re-work most of them lyrics.

• Advertisement
Advertisement