Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pink floyd

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

The Wall is on TCM at quarter past eleven tonite.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 krimson765

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMa-vfu4frY

just came across this documentary recently really interesting.
    check the 'travel' jam at near 3 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

Best Albums:- Wish You Were Here

Dark Side Of The Moon

Meddle/Saucerful Of Secrets/Animals

Half of The Wall

The film soundtracks More and Obscured by Clouds and the few tracks from Zabriskie Point (its not by any means all Pink Floyd) but the reworking of Careful Of That Axe Eugene called "Come In Number 51, Your Time Is Up") is fab.

The Division Bell

To my ears The Final Cut does not really sound like PF, though the song The Gunners Dream is great. Without Rick Wright and without Gilmour's singing (bar Not Now John) its a sombre album,which I suppose is all right.

I like Granchester Meadows and the live album from Ummagumma, Relics is a good introduction to early Floyd consisting of old singles and b-sides.

I have only heard A Momentary Lapse Of Reason once,must play it again, but I think The Division Bell is far, far better.

Will try to go to Australian PF, saw them two years ago and thought they were very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Just got my tickets in the post for the Australian pink floyd. I'm a bit concerned that they didn't need a signature. Hope you get yours ok!!

On the ticket it says "THE WALL" live in concert so I guess they're playing the whole album :) I wonder are they building a wall as the show goes on?

I'm really looking forward to this now, the sound in the o2 should be exellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

joeperry wrote: »
    1.Just got my tickets in the post for the Australian pink floyd. I'm a bit concerned that they didn't need a signature. Hope you get yours ok!!

2.On the ticket it says "THE WALL" live in concert so I guess they're playing the whole album :)
    3.I wonder are they building a wall as the show goes on?

4.I'm really looking forward to this now, the sound in the o2 should be exellent.

1. Money well spent!
    2. They are
    3. They're not. They do have a video wall showing one being built though.
    4. Indeed

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

epic:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Guitarist-JEM

best pink floyd song=TIME :)...

and ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ9vOrbum4c

tis not puuurfect BUT STILL.. i tried!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Damn Gilmour and his bends :(