Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5x17 - Infection **SPOILERS**

• 06-12-2008 3:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭

Synopsis
    The team investigates mysterious things happening on board a Wraith Hive. Meanwhile, Dr. Keller is doing research on Wraith physiology. Special Guest Star Christopher Heyerdahl as Todd.

Your opinion of 5x17? 18 votes

Atlantastic
    0% 0 votes
    McKay
    22% 4 votes
    Mayday Mayday
    66% 12 votes
    Close the Iris!
    11% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

My Cable box had a fit, or the Sci Fi channel broadcast crashed. Either way, I missed both airings of this, and it makes me sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Atlantis does zombies. Enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yeah, the Wraith guards look pretty freaky without their masks - BTW, what happened to their hair? Or is that part of the mask too? :)

I thought this was going to be another "closure" episode with Todd this time around, but it does leave things pretty open-ended about his fate.

It was an ok, not fantastic, episode but much more enjoyable than the snoozer that was "Brain Storm"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I thought it was pretty good, you can't go wrong with big fat wraith zombies. The story moved along at a decent pace and the dummy move with the iratus bug dna was done well. For a second i actually thought they go to a planet to sort this out and drag it out longer than it should have been.

I wasn't mad about the cgi for the crash though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Pretty good, especially given it was another episode where some device/plague turns members/a race into killlers. It fitted in nicely with established continuity for once and Todd is always fun to have around - I like that they've re-established their almost-ally bonds with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

*Yawn* Starting to get bored now!
    Need a storyline that will stick - not this cack short stories

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Wasnt very entertaining tbh. Wraith being a little bit scary again was interesting but... mediocore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Volvagia wrote: »
    I wasn't mad about the cgi for the crash though.
    Big Budget Finale :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Was it just me , or did they look very like the daedalus variations baddies ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

jhegarty wrote: »
    Was it just me , or did they look very like the daedalus variations baddies ?

They look pretty similar but then again you can't do too much with bald and grey skin guys :)

Daedalus Variations baddie

Unmasked Wraith

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

Somebody please tell me what episode had a Deadolus from an alternate universe in it??? Did I miss that?

And every episode of Atlantis would benefit greatly in entertainment if they didnt have Rodney McKay squeeling about How Screwed they are and spitting out a big list of the most unlikely occurences to ever happen all at once. I mean gimme a break. How gullable are SG teams, they walk into trouble everywhere? And why do Extras get killed in every episode and no one seems to care? Carson dies and the whole station attends the funeral. An Extra gets eatin by a wraith and they leave the body to rot. They always find time to laugh about the mission back on Atlantis at the end of every show and talk about the valuable information they got. No one mentions the 3 or 4 people who die every episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Somebody please tell me what episode had a Deadolus from an alternate universe in it??? Did I miss that?

The daedalus variations

5x04

Season: 5 Episode: 4

The Daedalus Variations

And every episode of Atlantis would benefit greatly in entertainment if they didnt have Rodney McKay squeeling about How Screwed they are and spitting out a big list of the most unlikely occurences to ever happen all at once. I mean gimme a break. How gullable are SG teams, they walk into trouble everywhere? And why do Extras get killed in every episode and no one seems to care? Carson dies and the whole station attends the funeral. An Extra gets eatin by a wraith and they leave the body to rot. They always find time to laugh about the mission back on Atlantis at the end of every show and talk about the valuable information they got. No one mentions the 3 or 4 people who die every episode.
    I have attached a detailed explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

For the last 3 comments...

Thank You.

Thank You.

Funny and true. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

irked.gif

I wasn't mad on this episode, I did like the Wraith going berserker cos they had to feed "properly", I found the end of the episode to be a little to "quick" it was all OMG we're all going to die. oh wait, everyone's fine bar a scratch or two. It'd have been more fun (IMO) to have seen them crash then have to sit there waiting till someone came to rescue them. I reckon they'd have drowned Rodney in the meantime rotfl.gif

Advertisement