Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday Night Lights.....

• 06-12-2008 9:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭

In a really, really (really) sh1te year for Seattle Pro and College sports at least at the local level there is something to smile about. My local HS Skyline just won the 4A state champs (tonight), beating another local HS (and it's a decent sized state). They are one of the top-ranked HS teams nationally and the QB is also ranked as one of the top QBs nationally. He's a junior but already has multiple College offers on the table. Charlie Weis was at one of the home games recently checking them out when ND were in town.

It's not quite Texas up here but Friday night is a big night when there's a home game in the all too short season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Good to hear some positive news on the Seattle sports scene. Its been a pretty bad year alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

giddyup wrote: »
    In a really, really (really) sh1te year for Seattle Pro and College sports at least at the local level there is something to smile about. My local HS Skyline just won the 4A state champs (tonight), beating another local HS (and it's a decent sized state). They are one of the top-ranked HS teams nationally and the QB is also ranked as one of the top QBs nationally. He's a junior but already has multiple College offers on the table. Charlie Weis was at one of the home games recently checking them out when ND were in town.

It's not quite Texas up here but Friday night is a big night when there's a home game in the all too short season.

Thats Jake Heaps isnt it? Read about him awhile ago. He has no official rank in the QB rankings for College Ball just yet as he is only a Junior but you expect him to be easy top 50 in the country when he hits his senior year. With over 3,000 yards and the 3a state championship last year in State of washington, kid is a born leader.
    giddyup wrote: »

HS football is class. My best friend is a HS coach and watching his team on a Friday night with packed bleachers in a small town in WI is amazing. He himself is from a school alot bigger from where he coaches now and they pack out their bleachers every Friday also. I love HS football tis where dreams are made really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Thats Jake Heaps isnt it? Read about him awhile ago.

Indeed - Jake Heaps. There's a lot of local hope riding on Jake Locker (07 Pac-10 Freshman of the year) but this year's season for UW has been shocking and he's been out for most of it. They are already comparing Heaps favourably to Locker. I'm already looking fwd to next September to see if Skyline and Heaps can make it 3 State champs in a row.

Advertisement