Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Sound System

Options
  • 06-12-2008 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hey, looking for a half-decent sound system for my car. Maybe few speakers, amp and a sub. Any recommendations?
    A lot of my friends have mod cars with sound systems, and the bass is over-done, sounds ****ty! I dont want the bass to override the vocals.
    Looking to spend maybe E760. But also need a new radio, with iphone compatibility.
    Whats my best option?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭auto electrical

€760 is a fine budget to have to spend on a sound system and you should have no problem in getting what you want for that and i agree too many people who mod thier cars just completly overdo the bass a nice 12in sub resonable amp and nice shiny new bluetooth headunit possibly even a new set of front speakers what part of the country are you in my company is based in galway J (Auto Electrical Concepts)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Got a decent headunit from http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/ before and 4 jbl speakers ( 2 x 16.5 cm + 2 x 17cm).
    As for subs/amps I'm probably considering a sub by JBL as I found the sound from the speakers themselves, coupled with a decent headunit, to be amazing.

Do plan ahead with your system though and invest in a 5/6 channel amp so that down the line if you want to expand your system, you're able to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 micdaws

out of the brands i know id def be recommending in this order

1. sony xplods
    2. fusion
    3. JBL

best advice is to go to a halfords or suming next time your in a city cause you can sample all the speakers by just pushing a button!

Personally I'd have two 6x9's and an amp on the bootlid, a 12" woofer in the boot and replace the door speaker aswell, get some kinda stero with bluetooth then to accompany the iPhone! best advice you'l get is find what you want in halfords or some other shop like it, write down the stuff you've tested and liked and then shop around on ebay!! XD

hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Caliden wrote: »
    Got a decent headunit from http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/ before and 4 jbl speakers ( 2 x 16.5 cm + 2 x 17cm).
    As for subs/amps I'm probably considering a sub by JBL as I found the sound from the speakers themselves, coupled with a decent headunit, to be amazing.

Do plan ahead with your system though and invest in a 5/6 channel amp so that down the line if you want to expand your system, you're able to.

Also bought stuff from that site no problems with them. in the process of upgrading my speakers at the moment

Advertisement