Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League Cup Semi-Final Draw

• 06-12-2008 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

Spurs - Burnley
    Derby - Man Utd

That is all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Are these over 2 legs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Are these over 2 legs ?

Yes.

Spurs - Burnley
    Derby - Man Utd

First legs played 6/7th Jan, 2nd legs played 20/21st.

Most likely Spurs vs Burnley will be Tues the 6th as United play Southampton in the FA Cup the preceding Sunday, so Derby vs United to play 7th.

Return legs will be reversed, not least because Spurs play Pompey on the preceding Sunday, so United game on Tuesday and Spurs on Wednesday.

I might be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,434 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

So the draw for the final is Tottenham Vs Man United ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Good draw

• Advertisement

So the draw for the final is Tottenham Vs Man United ;)

Fulham, Chelsea, Arsenal: all London clubs, all beaten by Burnely...;)

Plus United may not want to reach the final, as it will mean at least one more game needs to be rearranged.

Derby - Burnley it is so!!!

Derby - Burnley it is so!!!

And empty stadium for the final:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

And empty stadium for the final:D

all Burnley and Derby fans in existence would want to see their team in a cup final. There would be a higher chance of empty seats in a United/Spurs final tbh.

Guaranteed full-house for Burnley/Derby

I know,i was just kidding,i was watching championship play off and it was something amazing to see full Wembley when teams from 2nd league are playing.

Although it wouldnt be something special for us fans to watch over tv,i wouldnt be impressed with them to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I really hope at least one of the lower leaguers makes the final.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »

And from a Goon perspective that would be every team except United, right? ;)

:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

And from a Goon perspective that would be every team except United, right? ;)

:p:p

If you say so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Galvasean wrote: »

+1
    And hope its against Utd, cos they guaranteed European football next season, so it'd be one of them to get it. Imagine...a wet Thursday evening at Turf Moor:D

Mushy wrote: »
    +1
    And hope its against Utd, cos they guaranteed European football next season, so it'd be one of them to get it. Imagine...a wet Thursday evening at Turf Moor:D

League Cup runners-up get nada, spot reverts to league. They'd need to win (though they'd have a good shout all the same)

League Cup runners-up get nada, spot reverts to league. They'd need to win (though they'd have a good shout all the same)

Ah that sucks. Is it the same with the FA cup then? Although might give Hull a chance themselves, or even Fulham.

Mushy wrote: »
    Ah that sucks. Is it the same with the FA cup then?

FA Cup runners-up get into Europe if winner already qualified, unless they are Welsh...;)

Might have changed since last season though.

FA Cup runners-up get into Europe if winner already qualified, unless they are Welsh...;)

Might have changed since last season though.

Ah right, cheers for that. That's prob why I thought it was the same for the League Cup.

FA will disqualify United coz Vidic was staring at one fan with mean look in his eyes during the game,Spurs coz Pavlyuchenko was seen how drinks vodka on the street and Derby coz their crest offends animals,Torquay United gets wild card and win the title in dramatic finish!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

phew! am pretty relieved man u and spurs didnt get each other in the semis could not be arsed watching derby or burnley play in the final

Advertisement