Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga week 14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

dreamers75 wrote: »
    That was an awesome performance by barca, more so with the defending as you expect that kind of attacking play from them.

Should give Keita back to Sevilla tho :(

Although he was very very good for Sevilla, he only spent one season there, so did the fans really grow any bond to the player? I think the fact that he was boo'd when subbed last week by the Sevilla fans answers that question.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

wasnt there something recently about City offering Casillas buy ouy clause coming to around 120m to get him from Madrid but the player said no... im sure Messi would be the same. One of the things i love about these clubs and many of there players tbh, they have no desire to be playing for any other team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

On this form I dont see Real Madrid having a hope in El Clasico at the Nou Camp next weekend.

wasnt there something recently about City offering Casillas buy ouy clause coming to around 120m to get him from Madrid but the player said no... im sure Messi would be the same. One of the things i love about these clubs and many of there players tbh, they have no desire to be playing for any other team.

Ya, he was offered 150 million euro's. I think release clauses are there by Spanish law because they mean that a player always has the option to leave a club. Otherwise if something bad happens he may find himself stuck without any options. As Platini says, so they don't get into a situation where they are 'slaves'. :pac:

redout wrote: »
    On this form I dont see Real Madrid having a hope in El Clasico at the Nou Camp next weekend.

Well done man, there goes our 20 game unbeaten run (17 of which were wins). Jinxed, Madrid will beat us 3-0 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Balls just realised I'm going to miss that game.

Barca = bestest soccer team now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

eZe^ wrote: »

He was also the main reason Seville challenged for the title in 06, won the Copa Del Rey and won two Uefa cups in a row.

No he wasnt Ramos was and after him was Kanoutes play and Fabianos goals, After that Navarro being out last season didnt help the team consolidate themselves into the top 4 add to that the mixing of the midfield between Maresca and Renato weekly ensured fresh legs to keep the style of play going. Getting it forward quickly to kanoute to play in Fabiano is what won all their success Navas and Adriano and Duda on the wings getting in decent crosses and now capel and kone add to that pacey style, not Alves poor defending, great at bring the ball forward tho and giving ti to navas to cross :D

Jimenez isnt the man to manage them and the clubs insistence on selling any player Madrid or Barca want may ensure they have millions and generate income but it doesnt help them make the step up to top 4 team and get them CL money annually which would hopefully stop them selling every decent player we have.

On keita football fans are very fickle, the player instigated the transfer much like Alves to chelsea last season hardly gonna get any fan applauding a returnee who wanted to leave. Keita was offering a new option tru the middle he would have done very well with Sevilla and offered them strenght in the middle to rotate with the playing ability of maresca renato and romaric, mainly in away games he would have been very useful. So can we have him back :P

Sevilla rant over :D

barca were awesome tonight.

I'd say the only reason Messi will be sold by Barcelona is if he is mistreated by the club, I really don't think Barcelona would sell him, we no longer have massive debt thanks to Laporta.

Talking about massive debt Real Madrid just released thier figures this past week and have a staggering €511 million debt.

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=568234&idseccio_PK=805

dreamers75 wrote: »
    No he wasnt Ramos was and after him was Kanoutes play and Fabianos goals, After that Navarro being out last season didnt help the team consolidate themselves into the top 4 add to that the mixing of the midfield between Maresca and Renato weekly ensured fresh legs to keep the style of play going. Getting it forward quickly to kanoute to play in Fabiano is what won all their success Navas and Adriano and Duda on the wings getting in decent crosses and now capel and kone add to that pacey style, not Alves poor defending, great at bring the ball forward tho and giving ti to navas to cross :D

Jimenez isnt the man to manage them and the clubs insistence on selling any player Madrid or Barca want may ensure they have millions and generate income but it doesnt help them make the step up to top 4 team and get them CL money annually which would hopefully stop them selling every decent player we have.

Sevilla rant over :D

barca were awesome tonight.

Sevilla last year, without Ramos and with Alves they still played lovely football, but a mixture of Puerta dying, and Ramos leaving left the team disjointed.

This season, after Alves leaves, they become the most defensive and boring team in the top 6 of the league. Alves DOMINATED the entire left side of the team, he connected the entire team, he would take the ball from the defense, make a run, receive it, give it to the midfield, repeat and give it to the forwards. With Kanoute and Fabiano this season, they still haven't played the breath taking football they did with Alves and Ramos.

Sure Sevilla played with a more defensively astute winger like Navas on the right, but that's because they didn't need an unbelievable attacker, they already had one of those players at RB.... I seriously think Alves was the main reason Sevilla were so good for 4 seasons.
    Talking about massive debt Real Madrid just released thier figures this past week and have a staggering €511 million debt.

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=568234&idseccio_PK=805

Guess Calderon is happy Madrid got clattered by Getafe, otherwise they'd be another 6 million euro in debt after his 'incentives'....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Licks my lips with anticipation.
    Barca are awesome at the moment,best footballing side in Europe by a distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Nice one Thierry. Good to see his name all over the scoresheet again. How's he been playing this season? Any better?

Marca are reporting Barca's victory as frightening. Madrid beware .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sevilla last year, without Ramos and with Alves they still played lovely football, but a mixture of Puerta dying, and Ramos leaving left the team disjointed.

True puerta caused them to slip a little but they still ground out wins, navarro being missing was the biggest problem from a defensive pov.

This season, after Alves leaves, they become the most defensive and boring team in the top 6 of the league. Alves DOMINATED the entire left side of the team, he connected the entire team, he would take the ball from the defense, make a run, receive it, give it to the midfield, repeat and give it to the forwards. With Kanoute and Fabiano this season, they still haven't played the breath taking football they did with Alves and Ramos.

Sure Sevilla played with a more defensively astute winger like Navas on the right, but that's because they didn't need an unbelievable attacker, they already had one of those players at RB.... I seriously think Alves was the main reason Sevilla were so good for 4 seasons.

Navas is one of the most gifted attacking wingers in spain :eek: actually that should be most gifted attacking wingers in sevilla and sevilla only....bloody homesickness wtf?

Sevilla played the ball quickly based on a solid defence which was Navarro! fair enough they werent pretty to watch at times but in fairness they had to break into the top 4 and Ramos would have done it with his style of play, breathtaking to watch and a complete counterbalance to the rest of Spains holding passing game. The team wasnt build upon in his style but with Jimenezs :rolleyes:

Alves helped move the ball forward but didnt play a big as part as you suggest, the style of play with the right players helped. Fact Mosquera who is basically a large mass of muscle that can run in a straight line actually got his game sort of proves that.

Alves will suit barca as in fairness they not renowned for solid dependable fullbacks but more so attacking tora tora tora style fullbacks. In that area he will flourish but i still dont think hes a good defender.

Nice one Thierry. Good to see his name all over the scoresheet again. How's he been playing this season? Any better?

He has been the worst out of a trio of Eto'o, Messi, and himself, but he is finally realising his role in the team, and adapting to the Spanish league, he should set up about 15 goals and score around the same. He'll never be the Arsenal Titi, but he is silencing the doubters imo.

He has been the worst out of a trio of Eto'o, Messi, and himself, but he is finally realising his role in the team, and adapting to the Spanish league, he should set up about 15 goals and score around the same. He'll never be the Arsenal Titi, but he is silencing the doubters imo.

That's a bit harsh eze. Last season he scored more than Eto'o and Messi and finished Barca's top scorer on 20. This season no, Messi and Eto'o are performing better no doubt. Henry was decieved somewhat by Guardiola in the summer, he promised Henry to move him to Eto'o position because they told Eto'o he could leave but then when they decided to keep him Henry was stuck back out on the left. As long as he is out on the left he is never going to replicate his Arsenal form and goal tally.

That's a bit harsh eze. Last season he scored more than Eto'o and Messi and finished Barca's top scorer on 20. This season no, Messi and Eto'o are performing better no doubt. Henry was decieved somewhat by Guardiola in the summer, he promised Henry to move him to Eto'o position because they told Eto'o he could leave but then when they decided to keep him Henry was stuck back out on the left. As long as he is out on the left he is never going to replicate his Arsenal form and goal tally.

Henry finished top scorer at Barca because Eto'o and Messi got injured, Eto'o finished with a ratio of 16 goals in 18 appearances, much much superior to Titi's.

• Advertisement

Just glancing at the league table and noticed a quite remarkable statistic. Barcelona's goal difference of +35 is higher than the total amount of goals Real Madrid have scored in the whole season so far 30. That must be a first of some kind.

Just glancing at the league table and noticed a quite remarkable statistic. Barcelona's goal difference of +35 is higher than the total amount of goals Real Madrid have scored in the whole season so far 30. That must be a first of some kind.

Also, Atletico have scored more goals than Real Madrid this year (Madrid have a game in hand), whens the last time that happened.

Also, Atletico have scored more goals than Real Madrid this year (Madrid have a game in hand), whens the last time that happened.

Osasuna have conceded four less goal's than Real Madrid and sit in 19th position ! Infact 4 teams in the bottom half of the table have conceded less goals than Real Madrid. Quite extraordinary.

Is the red button working for the first half of the Betis game on sky anyone know. They usually show it by red button but looking now and cannot see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Anybody watching Betis - Espanyol? Just wondering is stadium sound a good 7-8 seconds ahead of the commentary and picture?

Was a loud cheer for no reason there, and 8 seconds later Betis score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Anybody watching Betis - Espanyol? Just wondering is stadium sound a good 7-8 seconds ahead of the commentary and picture?

Was a loud cheer for no reason there, and 8 seconds later Betis score.
    No idea what's going on.

Was hoping to see Finnan playing, looks like he's injured though :(

yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 - 0

The look on Calderon's face is priceless. Poor Iker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Great cross from Navas for the goal

Good diving header from Raul 1 - 1 Game on.

Brilliant 2 - 1 Sevilla. Awful Madrid Defending. That left side is a big weakness. Both sevilla goals came from the left wing.

Madrids left, Sevilla right !

I am in Heaven lads..............Freddie Kanoute you legend.

3 - 1 Sevilla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It just keeps getting worse for them. They're dirt.

What a free that would have been from VDV. There was a great view of it on the telly. The swerve was incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Great goal from Higuain.
    3 - 2 Madrid look like they starting to take control.

Told ya.

3 - 3 Gago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Good God, what a turnaround.

How good was it when the 3rd went in and "Jump" was played in the stadium.

Quality game here.

"Jump" being played when they score is pretty deadly I have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Have a root through here. As far as I can see, all the good streams are in Spanish.

Goalies are earning their money despite having both conceded 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Wow, great save by Casillas and Palop makes an even better one moments later. Madrid are going to win though!:(

Ramos should have got a second yellow earlier aswell.

Howd he miss that? Should have been a penalty.

Robben off. He was MOTM so far.

OMG this is fantastic stuff. Byebye Glass man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

God it's all kicking off.

Higuain hits the bar and Robben is sent off

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Real might win this..will win this and feel better, but their defence is a disgrace.

• Advertisement

Brilliant

4 - 3

La liga is just class

4-3

Wow. What a game.

I doubt thats the end of the drama tbh.

Brilliant 2 - 1 Sevilla. Awful Madrid Defending. That left side is a big weakness. Both sevilla goals came from the left wing.

Madrids left, Sevilla right !

Make that 3 of Sevilla's goals have come from Madrids left, Absolutely shocking, Marcelo should be lined up and shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Absolute madness out there. Did Robben get booked twice for mouthing off to the ref?

How Sergio Ramos is let near a soccer pitch amazes me.

Absolutely fantastic game. Best of the season thus far I reckon. Real are now 5th going into El Clasico a massive 9pts behind Barca. Schuster is surely on the brink now, anything less than victory next week will be fatal.

• Advertisement

All over. How Real didn't win this match is beyond me. They had all the possession, all the chances, Robben didn't deserve to be sent off at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thoroughly enjoyed that and enjoyed the result even more. Will Schuster last until next week? Hard one to call that. Real are a mess, but I honestly see them getting something next week. If the lose they will have lost 3 on the spin. When last did that happen to them? Then they play Valencia the following week I think :eek:

Have Barca proven anything to you yet Rash?

To Real Madrid's credit, if they were healthy and at full strength, they would be doing well. Being a Barcelona fan and suffering the last two years because of injuries, I can wholeheartedly understand and be sympathetic. Injuries cut down the bench depth, players become fatigue, which causes mental fatigue, then chemistry disappears, then the locker room becomes gloomy, followed by the club, the fans, etc. Spreads like a disease.

It's good Real Madrid didn't have two party boys like Deco and Ronaldinho, not to forget all the great things they did for us, but also during those days of gloom, didn't care too much to resurrect the team by reinventing themselves and come to practice.

Anyway, it's still a long ways from the end of the season, with some purchases this January, Real Madrid can freshen up.

I have just been watching highlights of todays Real Madrid yearly assembly and it was just as entertaining as the match. Calderon tried to bar the media from the room and a fight ensued then backtracked and agreed to them being allowed in. Pushing matches between members of the assembly, shouting, calls for Calderon to resign and members disillusioned tearing up the yearly accounts sheet in protest. One crazy chap got up on stage and said the club was missing €120 Million and they need to sell the club. The club are offically €511 Million in debt. Just another day in the crazy world of Real Madrid. All in all it was quite hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Interesting. I'd say it's an interesting place to be right now redout.

Decent point for Athletic today but would have been fantastic to hang on for the win. Time goes by very slowly when you're down to ten men though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement