Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paint questions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I would leave it to the professionals if you don't know anything about paint. I know a little, but enough to know it's very easily botched.

If you can find someone who can do smart repairs (maybe in Halfords?) it would be an economical answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If you have never done anything like this, dont do it as it will be a disaster. If you had a friend who might help, that would be a good start. Perhaps then you could do the filling a prep and let a pro do the paint.
    Alot of this depends on whether it is a €300 or €30,000 car. If the car was old I would attack it myself as a learning exercise but on expensive car, no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

I work with my hands in a high skill area and am very handy so im confident of doing a good job. Spoke with a painter mate recently and he reckoned it would be no bother to me. Unfortunately he is away just now so cant advise on primer. The halfords idea is a good one alright i could go there and pick their brains.
    Thanks all.

Advertisement