Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carling Cup Semi-finals

Options
  • 06-12-2008 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Draw just made.

Spurs V Burnley
    Derby V Manyoo

Glad we avoided Manyoo. I think we've a better chance of beating them in a one-off game, like Chels in last year's final.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

i take it we will be on the tues night as we play wigan on friday and utd play their fa cup game on sunday,flights cheap at the moment aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

KingdomYid wrote: »
    i take it we will be on the tues night as we play wigan on friday and utd play their fa cup game on sunday,flights cheap at the moment aswell.

Indeed:

First legs played 6/7th Jan, 2nd legs played 20/21st.

Most likely Spurs vs Burnley will be Tues the 6th as United play Southampton in the FA Cup the preceding Sunday, so Derby vs United to play 7th.

Return legs will be reversed, not least because Spurs play Pompey on the preceding Sunday, so United game on Tuesday and Spurs on Wednesday.

I might be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

How unusual, a semi-final draw where the two biggest teams avoid each other.......again.

Still, agree with OP that we have better chance against them in a one-off. Although we still have to get past Burnley, the punishers of teams from the capital !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

ruiseal wrote: »
    Draw just made.

Spurs V Burnley
    Derby V Manyoo

Glad we avoided Manyoo. I think we've a better chance of beating them in a one-off game, like Chels in last year's final.
    Yes your right better beat them in the final :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

does anyone know will it be as hard as last year to get a ticket for the final if spurs get there. i had a nightmare trying to get one last season and was not prepared to pay the 700 sterling i was offered one for.

• Advertisement

keane=cock wrote: »
    does anyone know will it be as hard as last year to get a ticket for the final if spurs get there. i had a nightmare trying to get one last season and was not prepared to pay the 700 sterling i was offered one for.

Absolutely nailed on to be.

I'd guess maybe the members LP total might drop slightly as last year was our first final since 2002, but that's about it. Would still be c. 100 LPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Though it is premature....i'm relishing an opp to play the mancs in a big (at least to us) game. Gonna be a great night down the pub with all my Manc lovin mates if we won it would be epic. Better than beating Chelski in my opinion.

I'd really prefer if this talk of finals was left until we've actually seen off Burnley...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Indeed:

First legs played 6/7th Jan, 2nd legs played 20/21st.

Most likely Spurs vs Burnley will be Tues the 6th as United play Southampton in the FA Cup the preceding Sunday, so Derby vs United to play 7th.

Return legs will be reversed, not least because Spurs play Pompey on the preceding Sunday, so United game on Tuesday and Spurs on Wednesday.

I might be wrong though.

spot on ronan. dates confirmed as Tesday 6th january home 8pm ko and away Wednesday 21st 7.45pm ko

Advertisement