Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Self service carwash

• 06-12-2008 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any self service car washes in north dublin, one where you wash your own car, but they provide a sheltered bay, water etc. Like to wash my car myself but hate all the messing around with hoses but dont want someone else scraping my paintwork cos they dont give a b***ox etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Dont know where you are located, but I use this crowd from time to time...

http://www.maxol.ie/maxol-service-stations/navan-road.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

homer90 wrote: »
    Dont know where you are located, but I use this crowd from time to time...

http://www.maxol.ie/maxol-service-stations/navan-road.html

Thanks for that homer, is it self service or does someone wash it for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

MSporty wrote: »
    Thanks for that homer, is it self service or does someone wash it for you?

Yeah self service.... same as you, I dont like idiots washing my car ! (and I like doing it anyway !)

Basic set up, but the jets have good pressure and good soft brushes etc etc ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Jaysus if i had that Rs4 i'd be out with a small brush and hot water cleaning inch by inch!:D

Lovely car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i wouldnt let any brush near my car, id hope that new rs4 isnt going to be subjected to one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Cyrus wrote: »
    i wouldnt let any brush near my car, id hope that new rs4 isnt going to be subjected to one :)

Well i knew if i said sponge people would have objections either way. You know what i'm getting too;)

Cyrus wrote: »

No brushes!! learnt that lesson a few years ago on an old car I had, some young lad washed it with a sweeping brush, you can guess the rest. Always wash my car by hand, but have a pain in my a**e with setting up hoses etc, and then the water freezes on the driveway aswell. Even willing to pay the odd time for someone else to wash it, anyone know of a decent place in North Co. Dublin, somewhere that does it right and doesn't use dirty water etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Hey guys, I use the hand car wash in ClareHall shopping centre. They wash the whole car by hand and they do a great job it normally takes them about 15 min but the car looks brand new when there finished and they also do valeting for €30 best car wash ive ever gone too. They also have them in Artane and Clearwater anyone else get there car done i think the job they do is fab:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Jaysus if i had that Rs4 i'd be out with a small brush and hot water cleaning inch by inch!:D

Lovely car

Brush? :eek: You'll have the paintwork fecked.

Wash mitts all the way....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

what is your definitioj of North. Co. Dublin.
    There is a new petrol station (Apple) just opened at the Balbriggan exit of the M1 (R132) and they have an automatic car wash and a self service one that you just put coins into depending on how much you want to do. I'm going to use it... it's handy to just stick €2 in and get the heavy muck off once a week or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

HOLY GOD

Look a bit closer !!!

3ps wrote: »
    what is your definitioj of North. Co. Dublin.
    There is a new petrol station (Apple) just opened at the Balbriggan exit of the M1 (R132) and they have an automatic car wash and a self service one that you just put coins into depending on how much you want to do. I'm going to use it... it's handy to just stick €2 in and get the heavy muck off once a week or so.

MAybe if I was washing a jeep or something like that!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Does anyone know of any self service car washes in north dublin, one where you wash your own car, but they provide a sheltered bay, water etc. Like to wash my car myself but hate all the messing around with hoses but dont want someone else scraping my paintwork cos they dont give a b***ox etc.

Bit further than you might want to go, but Funtasia in Bettystown have 3 or 4 covered bays in the car park with pressure washers. Never used them myself (not that fussy about keeping the car clean) but it's usually fairly busy on a Sunday and the huge amounts of blue suds on the cars look like they'd do the job.

Plus, you can spend an hour on the driving games inside before getting down to the was :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Even willing to pay the odd time for someone else to wash it, anyone know of a decent place in North Co. Dublin, somewhere that does it right and doesn't use dirty water etc.

i'm currently setting up a detailing business buddy and willing to do yours for FREE' word of mouth goes along way' and i've recently purchased a number of products .
    worked for aerlingus for ten years and decided this is what i want to do .
    i'm originally from skerries and willing to travel or if you fancy a few hours @ the beach i could do it at my parents house .
    pm me if your interested . here's some pics of some cars i've done

phonepics1394.jpg
    todaymay030.jpg
    mylatestpics069.jpg
    mylatestpics046.jpg
    myolddc5.jpg
    phonepics1391.jpg
    todaymay065.jpg

really enjoy doing it and the friends and families cars are spotless since i got into it .
    anyway it's a free one buddy if your interested feel free to pm me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

i'm currently setting up a detailing business buddy and willing to do yours for FREE' word of mouth goes along way' and i've recently purchased a number of products .
    worked for aerlingus for ten years and decided this is what i want to do .
    i'm originally from skerries and willing to travel or if you fancy a few hours @ the beach i could do it at my parents house .
    pm me if your interested . here's some pics of some cars i've done

really enjoy doing it and the friends and families cars are spotless since i got into it .
    anyway it's a free one buddy if your interested feel free to pm me

Fancy doing an S2000 for free?? Its fairly dirty so you'd get a good before and after shot! :D

Edit: Also the original post is 6 months old! I'd say your man has washed his car by now! ;)

yeah depending on where you live buddy
    no problem @ all
    first come first served

i didn't even realise the post was that old lol

send us a pm

North Dublin :D Will send you a PM.

good man i've done my mates S2000 but never took any pics so looking forward to it

Cool, well when suits you?

well depending on weather this week end should be ok for me

• Advertisement

Grand, should be fine for me too. PM me your number and ill give you a text to arrange!

Wheels & arches
    • Bilberry wheel cleaner
    • APC
    • Various brushes

Exhaust
    • Megs Metal Polish

Paintwork
    • vp snow foam combo rinsed then snow foamed again + using tbm
    • rinsed again
    • Bilthamber soft clay + citrus bling as lube
    • rinsed again