Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn v Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Can anyone tell me why were going with 1 up front today when our problem has been breaking down teams when we have all the posession

spockety wrote: »
    What did you expect from such a rubbish squad.. it's hardly surprising is it?

Yes rubbish sides are often found on top of the PL table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

colly10 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why were going with 1 up front today when our problem has been breaking down teams when we have all the posession

and why are we still playing this way when after 20 mins it was obvious its not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol a token yellow card for Keith Andrews. He is absolutely horrendous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What does everyone think of Insuana so far? He looks to be pretty decent from what I have seen. Its just a dam shame nobody is really attacking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

What did you expect from such a rubbish squad.. it's hardly surprising is it?

i dont recall stating it was a suprise

did i?

Yes rubbish sides are often found on top of the PL table

were hull not up there at some point?

but your right

rubbish teams are rarley found at the top at the END of the season.

19 years is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

to be fair, blackburn have worked incredibly hard. Babel has 3 marking him most times he gets the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

My analysis of what has happened so far is as follows -

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ntlbell wrote: »
    were hull not up there at some point?

but your right

rubbish teams are rarley found at the top at the END of the season.

19 years is it

I was supporting you until now man,
    but take that debate somewhere else.

Its not a game for mascherano either, why start him, whats he going to create realistically?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

ntlbell wrote: »
    i dont recall stating it was a suprise

did i?

Well I can only assume you're surprised. I mean, who in their right mind would settle down on front of the tele for 90 minutes watching teams they don't support in the knowledge that what they are about to witness will be rubbish? Masochism at it's finest.

thumbleweed.jpg

to be fair, blackburn have worked incredibly hard. Babel has 3 marking him most times he gets the ball

babel has been awfull in my oppinion, he has done nothing and has had the ball a fair bit.

Well I can only assume you're surprised. I mean, who in their right mind would settle down on front of the tele for 90 minutes watching teams they don't support in the knowledge that what they are about to witness will be rubbish? Masochism at it's finest.

aye I think there's a touch of Masochism with all football fans, let's move on.

So liverpool have been a sham today?

from the sounds (now watching, in work) a right winger would be great but lord knows the first sub is going to see babel swapped for keane or something similarily negative.

• Advertisement

Well I'm a football fan, I watch football regardless if i support them or not, i go and watch a local school boy game on a sunday in the park, do i need to support them to watch a game i love?

Blackburn are hit and miss they;re not always rubbish so ye live in hope eh

why are you concerned about how i spend my time?

But if he didn't watch it then he wouldn't be able to come on here and moan about how boring it is which is what its all about after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

prendy wrote: »
    babel has been awfull in my oppinion, he has done nothing and has had the ball a fair bit.

Yep, hes been poor. Hes entitled to be a bit rusty though, hes barely played this season. Judge him after 4 or 5 starts...although thats unlikely to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

ntlbell, you are skirting very close to a ban.

---

Poor performance from Liverpool. The way Gerrard is playing though its really set up for him to do a 90 minute winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Rubbish so far. Blackburn very physical and Liverpool were rattled in that first half. Liverpool still look toothless in attack with the two dutch boys and Gerrard having particularly **** games.

Can't see us getting anything from this game unless Benitez changes things. He really is doing his best to piss away our best chance of mounting a title challenge.

• Advertisement

Its not a game for mascherano either, why start him, whats he going to create realistically?

It's not everyone's role to create. Look at how competitive Blackburn are. We'd be completely outmuscles without Mash.

Just would love to see rafa for once just keep the faith in babel,

I like benayoun and probably one of the biggest kuyt fans here, but

Riera on for benayoun over width and delivery.
    Keane on for Kuyt, some smart play off the striker.
    Gerrard on the right - play how and where you're told.

PHB wrote: »

Poor performance from Liverpool. The way Gerrard is playing though its really set up for him to do a 90 minute winner.

stop it! You said that during either the West Ham or Fulham games. Stop jinxing us

Blackburn are working incredibly hard off the ball. hopefully they will get knackered and Liverpool can bring on someone pacy like Babe... eh.

I don't care if it's nicked with a 90 minute Gerrard stunner, but they have to win. Otherwise we will definitely be looking back at the end of the season at "those three draws in a row" very sadly.

Come on lads.

Tusky wrote: »
    Yep, hes been poor. Hes entitled to be a bit rusty though, hes barely played this season. Judge him after 4 or 5 starts...although thats unlikely to happen.

i woulnt start him again in a hurry based on that performance, maybe a few games in the reserves?? hope he proves me wrong in the 2nd half.

kuyt needs support...where the hell is gerrard playing. at times he was behind masc, surely thats not necessary.

It's not everyone's role to create. Look at how competitive Blackburn are. We'd be completely outmuscles without Mash.

Not really, he's not a player that really gets on the ball, hes a player who hassles in possession and breaks up attacks. Blackburn arn't really looking to get on it so theres no need, a very negitive selection imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

mayordenis wrote: »
    Just would love to see rafa for once just keep the faith in babel,
    Other than getting the winner against United this season, he's been horrific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

how the fcuk are we top of the league shocking stuff absolutely nothing going forward youd swear we were playing for a nil nil cant see where a goal is coming from maybe a bit of magic from stevie but he was awful first half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Boots09

Pretty poor game so far tbh!! Xavi does tvu player have other sports on it aswel wouldnt mind keeping an eye on the rugby aswell!

how the fcuk are we top of the league shocking stuff absolutely nothing going forward youd swear we were playing for a nil nil cant see where a goal is coming from maybe a bit of magic from stevie but he was awful first half

we're having one of our famous blips

• Advertisement

Other than getting the winner against United this season, he's been horrific.

I can't really defend his performances,
    but a player like him needs game time, which he simply isn't getting, and many would say has shown just enough to deserve more of.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

as bad as the pool are playing it is getting boring watching teams just try to frustrate them instead of trying to play their own football..

mayordenis wrote: »
    I can't really defend his performances,
    but a player like him needs game time, which he simply isn't getting, and many would say has shown just enough to deserve more of.

Well you also have to ask WTF is he doing on the left again?

Rafa has acknowledged he is to be moulded as a striker.
    Babel himself said he wants to be a striker and it's his best position.

Is the left really the best place for him to ply his trade? I don't think so. With Torres out it is/was the PERFECT opportunity to try out the theory of Babel as a fast as lightning striker.

Get him up there and let's see how it looks. Riera on the left.

Benayoun off and kuyt back to the right. Gerrard to play MUCH further forward than he has been so far. Liverpool should be putting severe pressure on Blackburn by pouring players forward when attacking, especially on the break.

WHO DARES WINS.

coco06 wrote: »
    as bad as the pool are playing it is getting boring watching teams just try to frustrate them instead of trying to play their own football..

again I haven't seen this game, but against fulham and west ham, the blame was not with the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

We don't have the luxury of giving Ryan Babel however many starts he needs to play himself into a modicum of form. He would get more starts if he didn't look so uninterested whenever he plays. I'm guessing he shows a similar attitude in training which is why Rafa hasn't been playing him much, and based on his display so far he won't be getting another start for a while. It's a shame as when he's bothered he can be quite effective, but he's only got himself to blame.

coco06 wrote: »
    its up to liverpool to break them down chelsea and arsenal came here and won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Can hardly use the "they wont play football" excuse when liverpool do the exact same thing when up against a superior team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I did say Gerrard would have to play close to Kuyt :(

somebody tell stevie g were in red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

On the plus side Sami's having a great game. Hasn't put a foot wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

shotamoose wrote: »
    We don't have the luxury of giving Ryan Babel however many starts he needs to play himself into a modicum of form. He would get more starts if he didn't look so uninterested whenever he plays. I'm guessing he shows a similar attitude in training which is why Rafa hasn't been playing him much, and based on his display so far he won't be getting another start for a while. It's a shame as when he's bothered he can be quite effective, but he's only got himself to blame.

You know this is first PL start right, we dont have the luxury to give him one start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Very insipid peformance so far.....:mad: Need to pick it up and get the breakthru.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

starting to play better now. alonso should have scored, a bit too casual of a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Great play by Insua there, he's the only good thing about this performance so far. Oh and Hyppia as Raskolnikov says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Hyypiä having a fine game at centre back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

What a fcukin chance!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Yossi is the worst player ever?
    Where was Robbie for that tiddler?

El Zhar on for Babel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

there is no way for me to express the noise i made there in text,

Great play by babel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey