Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is taxi??

Options
  • 06-12-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

will be staying in bewelys newlands cross in 2009 want to know how much is taxi goin to cost me from the 02(point) back to hotel on saturday night?will it be hard to get taxi from the 02?? thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

hey elainee !!!

picked up a *deadly* site from these boards a while ago.
    http://www.worldtaximeter.com/dublin/

i put in "bewelys, newlands cross" to "N Wall Quay, Dublin, Co. Dublin, Republic of Ireland" and it came up 25.13

If this is after a concert - and late at night... id say that would be alot more though

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/dublin/bewelys%2C-newlands-cross/N-Wall-Quay%2C-Dublin%2C-Co%3B%3B-Dublin%2C-Republic-of-Ireland/23-0

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

great site thanks for that question answered so:D is north wall where the point is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

elainee wrote: »
    will be staying in bewelys newlands cross in 2009 want to know how much is taxi goin to cost me from the 02(point) back to hotel on saturday night?will it be hard to get taxi from the 02?? thanks ;)

You're better off not getting a taxi at the o2, but rather walk up the quays towards the city centre. If you get into a taxi just outside the gig, you will just be sitting in traffic all the way to town. Once the traffic clears up a bit nearer town, hop in a taxi then.

yeah cool good idea thanks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

If you are'nt too late im sure you could walk with crowd or get taxi from O2 to Connoly station and the luas to red cow stop which is close to Bewleys hotel at newlands cross. Would save you a fair bit even if you got a taxi from luas stop to Bewleys .

what time does luas run until??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Until 00:30 as far as I know

would it be safe gettin it late at night? or would there be alot of scumbags??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ger.taxi

HI THERE
    THINK YOU WOULD BE BETTER WALKING DOWN TO THE LUAS CAR PARK, OR DRIVE THERE AND LEAVE THE CAR THERE AND HOP ON THE LUAS INTO TOWN, FROM CITY CENTRE TO HOTEL WITH NEW RATES IS AROUND 26 EURO, OK
    HAVE A GREAT NITE

• Advertisement

thanks guys for all yer words of wisdom!!:p
    appreciate it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Elainee - the LUAS will eventually go all the way to The Point and also serve the National Conference Centre (also on North Wall Quay).

So if you're up again in a year or so bear it in mind.

will do...thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Isn't Luas running until 3am now?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fiann

Unlike many regions Dublin doesn’t have a published rate system. It’s apparently left up to the cabby what to charge, for I never pay the same amount from one time to the next.

Fiann wrote: »
    Unlike many regions Dublin doesn’t have a published rate system. It’s apparently left up to the cabby what to charge, for I never pay the same amount from one time to the next.
    Not so! Fare is basic hiring charge, plus combination of distance/time. Also, there are various anti-social hours rates. That's why fare varies.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

esel wrote: »
    Isn't Luas running until 3am now?
    Only for things like Christmas.

Victor wrote: »
    Only for things like Christmas.
    My post was made on December 7th.... :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

It's a metered fare system ( as is all of the Republic since 26th Sept 2006 ) the fare can vary depending on time of day, distance travelled, traffic density but is ( or should be ) calculated on the meter...

see http://taxireg.ie/consumer/national-maximum-taxi-fare.html for details

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

My god have you been asleep for the past 2 years .
    see http://taxireg.ie/consumer/national-...taxi-fare.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Fiann

Spook_ie wrote: »
    It's a metered fare system ( as is all of the Republic since 26th Sept 2006 ) the fare can vary depending on time of day, distance travelled, traffic density but is ( or should be ) calculated on the meter...

One of the deciding factors on what to charge a fare is the conversation with the driver. If the conversation is intellectually stimulating and the driver responds accordingly, the driver will cut you some slack on the fare.

The meter is only there to impress.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

[

Just in case a tourist comes across this thread, please disregard the above

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

One of the deciding factors on what to charge a fare is the conversation with the driver. If the conversation is intellectually stimulating and the driver responds accordingly, the driver will cut you some slack on the fare.

Are you for real ? where do you get your information from ???:confused:

Advertisement