Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Wigan Athletic

• 06-12-2008 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Well, our youngsters beat them 3-0 - let's see what our firsts can do.

Click here for stream.
    You have to install Veetle, but it's just a lightweight browser plugin and a very reliable stream.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

English commentary, good picture. Damnit keeps cutting out every few seconds. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Just stopped for me there too. Refreshing.

****, Arsenal just got a goal but I missed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Adebayor 1-0

Poor defending by Wigan for the goal.

• Advertisement

That stream has died on me. According to the BBC updates Almunia made a brilliant save just after Adebayor's goal.

sop://211.152.36.38:3912/6029

Sopcast link to the game. Seems to be decent.

Wait for it to settle loading into the game, it will stutter at first.

Eboue coming on from the slightly injured Nasri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Beau x1 wrote: »
    sop://211.152.36.38:3912/6029

Sopcast link to the game. Seems to be decent.

Wait for it to settle loading into the game, it will stutter at first.

That's the one I'm on, commentary died but picture is decent.

amacachi wrote: »
    That's the one I'm on, commentary died but picture is decent.
    Commentary's still on for me perfect. Try reloading it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

eboue playing left midfield................

• Advertisement

Adebayor so close!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Hmmm. Not very convincing. Watched from about 20 minutes onwards. That Adebayor shot aside I don't think Arsenal had one decent chance. Wigan don't really look like scoring though. They've had a load of set pieces which have been defended well which is nice to see. Also somebody's finally drilled some sense into the defenders. Never thought I'd be so happy to see the ball hoofed clear every now and again.

Beautiful pass from Fabregas, but RVP failed to hit it in.

Close for RVP again.

Great shot from Denilson. Arsenal have been hitting the post all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Eboue substituted off. Right move imo but the crowd should be ashamed. That kind of **** can do no good.

Eboue getting destroyed by the crowd, the commentators right though, he doesn't deserve it although made some terrible mistakes. We need another goal to shut the game down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Thank God that's over.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Thank God that's over.
    Agreed, at least that's 3 points in the bag for us though. Don't know how the team would've dealt with a draw/loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

The booing of Eboue was a ****in disgrace. I know he made a good few mistakes but booing him isn't going to help at all. Hes just back from injury ffs.

Anyway glad we got the win in the end, nervy as fook in the last few minutes the points are the main thing

• Advertisement

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Great shot from Denilson. Arsenal have been hitting the post all day.

How many times did we hit the woodwork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I missed the entire second half, bloody poxy stream. How did thing go after half time? Seems like eboue had a stinker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I missed the entire second half, bloody poxy stream. How did thing go after half time? Seems like eboue had a stinker

both teams had some good chance, Van Persie went close twice and Denilson hit the post. Few corners and the likes at both ends had people scrambling.

The thing with Eboue is that he didn't play all that bad for a RB at LW until he messed up once towards the end. Some dickheads in the crowd booed him and then his nerves were shot and he made a few other misplaced passes(and he wasn't the only one towards the end) before Wenger took him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Arsene made comments re the Eboue booing, didn't watch the match today will see it later on MOTD and Football First, but it must have been bad :(

The last time that happened was to Alex Song a few seasons ago away to Fulham.

Advertisement