Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with locating astro turf as a carpet (indoors)

Options
  • 06-12-2008 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi All,

Just joined up to this wonderful board, and I'm looking to lay some astro-turf for the stairs up to my duplex apartment.
    I've two front doors, so there are 18 steps up to my main door.
    I was thinking about carpeting it, but would love to do something different (and green) and thought of astro turf.

This is an honest request, so please, no flaming. I'd like to know the ball park (no pun intended) on how much it might cost too.

Cheers,

db

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

byrneda wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just joined up to this wonderful board, and I'm looking to lay some astro-turf for the stairs up to my duplex apartment.
    I've two front doors, so there are 18 steps up to my main door.
    I was thinking about carpeting it, but would love to do something different (and green) and thought of astro turf.

This is an honest request, so please, no flaming. I'd like to know the ball park (no pun intended) on how much it might cost too.

Cheers,

db

Hi,

Expect to pay € 45.00+/ sq m, however IMO I would not advise using astro turf as you plan.

Perhasp consider a plymer floor/rubber floor covering with better no slip qualities than astro. I would also believe that the durability of astro on so many steps would be questionable?

Advertisement