Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

2 new Sepultura songs online

• 06-12-2008 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.myspace.com/sepultura

'The Treatment' and 'We've Lost You'.

New album 'A-lex' out in January, I can't wait. It's another concept album, this time based on A Clockwork Orange.

I'm really digging the two tracks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yessssssss! Dante XXI was ****ing superb, I'm really looking forward to this. Hopefully they've continued experimenting in the vein they started with Dante, french horn and cello ftw :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Are sepultura the original line up again now?

Nope, they're still good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Also cavelera conspiracy are worth checking out, igor and max are together in that one.

Can someone tell me if igors still playing in sepultura or whats the story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

class songs. especially the first one.
    what would be recognised as sepulturas best albums?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Most would say Arise, Chaos A.D and Roots.

I still hold a flame for 'Morbid Visions' though. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Doctor J wrote: »
    Nope, they're still good.

Rofl :D
    Patricide wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if igors still playing in sepultura or whats the story?
    No, he's gone full time with Max.

Well if you're going for the early stuff check out the likes of Beneath The Remains, Arise and Chaos A.D.

But if you liked those songs, check out the newer stuff - particularly the last album Dante XXI, and before that Roorback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

so if igor and max start playing old Sepultura songs with the Cavalera conspiracy, and Sepultura are touring, who would you rather see?

Sepultura, without a shadow of a doubt. That Cavalera Conspiracy album was utter ****e, IMO, just really boring going-through-the-motions crap. Completely uninspred and absolute proof, if any were needed after successive Soulfly non-events, that Sepultura are better off with Max far, far away. Sepultura, on the other hand, have moved on with every album. Granted, Roots and Nation are pretty ****e too, but the last couple of albums have been really excellent. Dante XXI, particular, was a brilliant and creative album which used french horn and cello to great effect without sounding like a gimmick. Too bad a lot of people seem caught up on Max being elsewhere, in the same way that teenage girls were caught up in Robbie not being in Take That, which continues to be rather depressing, I always believed people listened to Metal for the music. If you're into innovative and creative Metal music which hasn't stopped in time, Sepultura, if you're into living in the past and big names with no substance to back it up, The Cavalera Caravan, or any other Rooooooooots tribute band.

I agree that cavelera conspiracy is unispired run through the numbers but i still like it.

TBH though the dark ages and prophecy by soulfly are the albums that really shocked me though. Hated soulfly with a passion before hand but they really brought somthing new to the table with those albums. Loads of acoustic and spannish guitar and horns and trumpets and stuff. It was deffinatly marc rizzos influence there an to be honest I have no idea why Cavelera conspiracy didnt turn out half as good(or the new soulfly album for that matter)

• Advertisement

Haven't heard Prophecy but, apart from two tunes, Dark Ages had me reaching for the off button in the same way that Roots did oh so long ago.

Well its different I suppose for you, You got to rock out to bands in the eighties that were still big in the eighties......curse you!!! I still think I was born in the wrong decade!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There sounding good,hope they come to ireland some time.

Patricide wrote: »
    Well its different I suppose for you, You got to rock out to bands in the eighties that were still big in the eighties......curse you!!! I still think I was born in the wrong decade!!!
    Yeah but I'll be dead before you. It kind of evens itself out :D

Yes, I saw Sepultura "back in the day" on the BTR tour, it doesn't mean my taste has stopped evolving or I'm waiting for the "classic" line up to get back together. It doesn't mean anything, it's just a nostalgia trip, but who needs nostalgia when what is current is top drawer. Honestly, waiting for this new Sepultura album feels like the wait for Arise. They were a great band then, they are now a great band again, I'm expecting great things from the new album and I hope they've moved on again to a new sound and not just rehashing Dante XXI or the old stuff. Great bands change and move on, people should move on too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do any of ye have the nailbomb album?what do ye think?

Advertisement