Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on an extra phone line

Options
  • 06-12-2008 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Mates started a business and is thinking of getting an extra line in. He needs a new number for voice and one for fax. Is there any better/cheaper way than getting a new eircom line in??. As I dont think it will get much use

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

If its not going to get much why order a new line? Can you explain why he's thinking of doing this, what his needs? There are options but I need to know the above info before recommending anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

When I say it wont be getting much use, Its really more to do with his business being a start up. Most work he will be getting will be through contacts he has made which will more than likely use his mobile. But he is getting a run of headed paper/business cards done up and thinks it would look better to have a land line on there also. He is not to keen to use his home number as it will save anyone answering it all the time with the companies name. Also he can either have answer machine or foward the calls to his mobile on the business number.
    At the moment he has an ordinary line(pstn i think) which carries voice and dsl. So is it possible to stick a phone system on this line that would give another virtual line without interfering with his house setup??. IF so how do the costs fair out with going down the extra phone line option

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Sounds like a Blueface Geigraphic num,ber and virtual fax would suit him perfectly... he can using the Blueface gui instruct it to call his mobile when anyone rings the geo number...freedom basic whic includes 300mins of calls to landlines 99 per year and virtual fax for €5 per month or 49 per annum.. perfect for a one man show,...www.blueface.ie for more details etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Thats exactly what i was thinkin johhniem. I use connect IT and just divert all calls from that to my mobile. Its a virtual number and the great thing is you can get regional numbers if needs be or 1850 etc.

Im keeping my costs low by using these services over eircom, especially when they up the rent and not the service evry year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers lads will check it out;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement