Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diginet download traffic stats a bit mad?

Options
  • 06-12-2008 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

This happened before, mine seem to have gone nuts again 1.6 GB in the last 24 hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Do you mean Digiweb?

Which system are you on?

My stats
    Current bandwidth usage	 

Last 24h 	Last 7 days	Last 30 days

Upload 	
    9.78M	         196.81M	833.95M
    Download 	
    61.78M	        1.49G	         10.93G
    Total 	
    71.55M	        1.68G	         11.75G

Traffic Quota
    Metro Lite 	
    10GB
    Metro 	
    30GB
    Metro Plus 	
    60GB
    Metro Xpress 	
    120GB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I don't think its digiweb, not sure what it for sure though. I was eating up data between 11 and 5, then I wasn't. I didn't download anything to account for the huge total in that period (googles Chrome@ about 80 mb was the largest the rest of the day was message boards and betting!). Its like something was running in the background.

I did tweak the cache settings to zero could that account for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I'd check you havn't picked up a zombie.

Read up at www.silentrunners.org

If more expert and paranoid look at http://www.gmer.net/index.php It shows up my VMware install as a "rootkit", which is technically correct in a way.

If you have a WiFi router make sure it's using WPA PSK AES / WPA2 with a long random pass phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Probably not the same problem but during the summer (on Digiweb 3MB DSL) the stats page showed I was using 18GB of bandwidth in a 24 hours period. This was with the PC and router switched off. Obviously this put me over the cap so I rang digiweb and asked them to look into it asap.
    They rang me back the next morning didn't really give an exact explanation but said it would be reset. It felt like it was a monitoring problem at their end.

Advertisement