Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New insignia launch

Options
  • 06-12-2008 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

So the insignia was launched today anyone go down? anyone buy one today :) Whats the drive like ? Im interested in the 160 bhp diesel se for 30k but will lose way too much on my 06 vectra :( but hopefully next year ill get one a few months old for cheaper ..

Did anyone drive the 160 bhp diesel model i wanted to go down today but im still in stupid work :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Beautiful looking car and even better in the flesh. I think the interior is a touch classier than the passat, mondeo. Very impressive car.
    Here is the but, and its a big one....
    IMHO the car has arrived at a bad time, and im not talking specifically about the credit crunch. We live in a time now where down sizing is the order of the day, people are getting out of bigger cars and moving back to smaller ones for financial, practical and environmental reasons. Price wise its aggressively priced, however its a lot bigger and heavier than the vectra it replaces. The CO2 output is not bad (for its size) and the engines are again great. You can tell it was engineered miles away from todays green aware and financially insecure purchasers....
    If you asked me this time last year would i buy one, id say yes in a heartbeat. Today though.... i would worry that i would loose just too much in this family segment of car. That said, i really do hope im completely talking crap. I want to be proven wrong cause its a crackin looking (and driving im told) motor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

The thing about Opels is they always look impressive in the ads but when you see them in reality they're usually a let down and they seem to look shabby and age very quickly in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Feck if i had known early i would of went over for a look. Ah sure i'm sure it'll be there next week. If someone manages to go in, don't forget to get a few pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

seen one on the road the other day...looks impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jimbo19162

funny you mention that was on opels website earlier and seen a really nice picture of a vectra i thought jesus that looks nothin like my one :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

only launched today? have seen a couple on the roads already. As mentioned above, they look better in the pics, a bit nodescript on the road, I only noticed the first one when I looke at the back which is quite distinctive. Certainly a lot nicer than last one though..

Also, check out the price of parts for Opel lately, scarey.........:eek: 580 euros for a bare front bumper cover for a 07 Vectra for example, who do they think they are.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Seen all the new Insignia range at the motorshow in London and they looked very impressive. Interior was very nice. The SRi with the 19" alloys looked the biz.

Have had 6 opels and never had any major problems. A lot of people on here jump on the Clarkson band wagon and slag them off.

I've owned a couple and traded a few and most of them were sh**e.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭BHP

I went to have a look and a drive, I'm changing as was thinking of the Insignia. There was an Elite spec model in the showroom with 19" wheels and it looked fabulous. The sales guy reckoned they were 19½", he said he had measured them. I had a bit of a laugh to myself wondering how 19" tyres would fit 19½" wheels.

I think I bumped my head every time I sat into it. The roof is low, especially in the back.

I thought some of the fit and finish lacked a quality feel, the drivers arm rest and outside door handles come to mind.

I had a quick drive in a 2.0CDTi 130 SE spec, not the model I would be going for. I was left unconvinced after it, I think there are some other new cars I'd prefer in the 35k region.

• Advertisement
Advertisement