Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tesco - Drogheda

Options
  • 06-12-2008 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi,
    has anyone checked out the new Tesco in Drogheda?
    Is the slabs of beer still for € 25 ??;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Thought it wasnt open til Monday?

Theres slabs for €25 are in the Tesco on West Street and Supervalu on Stockwell lane, if you're looking for 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

An aunt of mine mentioned in passing it seemed open as she drove past it today, she said loads of cars going in.

Are they defo opening a petrol station also up there ? Good to get the competition and petrol prices dropping, all of Droghedas stations have yet to come under the 1 euro mark per litre..or am i mistaken ?
    All seem to be stuck on the 102.9 mark !

Tescos new huge store can only be good for Drogheda
    I dont know what it is about the store in West Street, i find it looks very grubby and dirty inside it .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

It's official opening is the 8th but they might be open early due to the other shopping complex at the other end of the town, is supposed to be on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

opened yesterday, was in there today, huge store and very busy, slabs of Guinness, Bud, Carlsberg or Heiniken 2 for €50

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭positron

Had a look around yesterday - massive store and huge car park - new Dunne's (at South Gate) looks like a convenience store / Spar in comparison!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Was in both Dunnes and Tesco yesterday. Yes we were bored. Anyway the Tesco wins hands down IMO. Once you walk through the door it is the same as clare hall. I'm guessing the traffic on the donore road is going to become nightmarish in the near future. Oh and they should change their "junior police helmets" to Garda caps instead. Welcome to the mainland.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Remember you can now cut thru' the Homebase retail park to get to the Tesco or just to avoid some Donore Road traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

delly wrote: »
    Remember you can now cut thru' the Homebase retail park to get to the Tesco or just to avoid some Donore Road traffic.

Can also be accessed via Duleek road.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Can also be accessed via Duleek road.
    Aye, sorry, thats what I meant by saying you could avoid the traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Highlander wrote: »
    opened yesterday, was in there today, huge store and very busy, slabs of Guinness, Bud, Carlsberg or Heiniken 2 for €50

3 x 18 bottles (54 bottles) of Carlsberg Export for £20stg last weekend in Tesco Portadown.....the new Tesco in Drogheda is a welcome addition but it'll still be a cold day in hell before I stop goin over the border for the weekly/monthly shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nightowl2

Can some one please tell me the new tesco extra phone number please-I even rang old tesco on west st, but no answer.

Thanks.

Advertisement