Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players not settling....

Options
  • 06-12-2008 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

I've got a game going with Man City and I've just been told Robinho hasn't settled in Manchester as well as he'd hoped. it was suggested that I give him some time away from the club to help him to settle.

Anyone know how I do this????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Rest him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

You can send players on holiday for a few weeks. Maybe you should try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I'd just leave him and hope that he settles over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

glenjamin wrote: »
    I'd just leave him and hope that he settles over time.

does he not put in bad perfomances then because his morale is low? id suggest the holiday thing:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Give him all the time away he needs. Sack him.

If he's still performing well I'd keep him. If not, send him on a holiday (or out on loan).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Buy some of his compatriots in.

Kaka, Ronaldinho, Alves, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

This happened to me with Nasri because of the language barrier.
    Half my fecking team are french

Clichy, Sagna, Gallas, Traore, Diaby

I just left it for a while and eventually he gelled, couldnt understand it considering the majority nationality on my team is French and I don't have Vela or Eduardo, the only people from their countries having trouble settling...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

chips1234 wrote: »
    does he not put in bad perfomances then because his morale is low? id suggest the holiday thing:confused:

Obv don't play him as much. Just make sure you give him enough game time so he doesn't start moaning about that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

How do I send him on holiday? I can only see the option to rest him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Buy somebody he recommends usually Emerson or buy a fellow Portuguese speaker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭omgiluvxmas

Manchester is a dump so I can understand Robinho's concern. Seriously in the Editor there is an attraction rating for cities and I can only assume Manchester has a low one. Sunderland had a '6' rating. Lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

It goes away after 6 months usually. One they become fluent in the language. Just keep using him normally.

Don't send him away btw. The quicker he learns the language and gets use to the place the quicker he becomes happier.

Advertisement