Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombies attack Waterford City, where do you hold out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Back on topic now please guys. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

wrote:
    <snip>

First off What lake are you on about? The River Suir runs around the island? You're definately the first to sacrifice if you're in my way.

Secondly you need high ground I'd suggest the ESB Offices you have a good clear view down the river and across the bridge plus all that electricty could be put to use in electrifying the the fence around the compound. Yes I have thought of this as well. A couple of strategically placed vehicles for a getaway if need be.

This is assuming I'm stuck in the city. First sign of WWZ I'm heading outta town for the hills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd go for superquinn,

High walls
    Security
    Alot of food
    Alot of Booze
    Their bread is lovely
    With Aldi across the road and the recession i'm sure the zombies would go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i disagree with the superquinn idea for a few reasons

1 its too open, zombies could get in.

2 No real good escape route

3 lots of ppl will think of it which means theirs gonna be the eventual battle for food/supplies in there.

4 No weapons to use (unless you are willing to throw the bottles u drank at the zombies)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What about the hotel across the bridge? Great advantage point, steep hills and probably better guarded!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 sailor_babii

Why not Tesco in Ardkeen? Theres an upstairs there! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Jurys would be good, also the mast up in the mount sion pitch would be good for signs and stuff..

Pity theres like 2 gun shops in town and the army shop probably doesn't even have guns :pac:

Island idea is pretty good. Also Reginald's tower.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I'd try Patrick St. cinema - sure not even the walking dead would go in there anymore

Also any zombies that got in would get stuck to the floor while I make a hasty getaway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

I would go for anyone of the pubs in town, stick a notice on the door " regulars only" a couple of guys in suits with big hands to push them back, saying sorry bud don't recognise your face, regulars only......
    all the time I have the beer to myself....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

4 No weapons to use (unless you are willing to throw the bottles u drank at the zombies)

Ah but you're wrong there my friend! Providing you can make the short (yet hazardous journey) across the road you have the fishing/hunting shop! Plenty O weapons there providing it wouldn't have been looted already. And sure might as well head across to woodies at that stage and pick up some gardening equipment. (anyone that has played the video game Dead rising can testify to how lethal a combination of garden tools plus imagination is to zombies):D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Asmodean wrote: »
    Ah but you're wrong there my friend! Providing you can make the short (yet hazardous journey) across the road you have the fishing/hunting shop! Plenty O weapons there providing it wouldn't have been looted already. And sure might as well head across to woodies at that stage and pick up some gardening equipment. (anyone that has played the video game Dead rising can testify to how lethal a combination of garden tools plus imagination is to zombies):D:D

ahhhh but you see I won't need weapons.... 2 reasons...
    1. my sign... its works in every pub....
    2. I will be so wasted, I won't care or see the zombies coming....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think EVERYONE is underestimating how nice the bakery in superquinn is :eek::eek::eek:

If the zombies where to attack say when superquinn is closed the gates would be down so all you'd have to know is the security code to get in (Which I do :D:D) Unless its been changed in which case i'd have to make a break for kingfisher and have to make due with their freezing cold showers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

ziedth wrote: »
    If the zombies where to attack say when superquinn is closed the gates would be down so all you'd have to know is the security code to get in (Which I do :D:D) Unless its been changed in which case i'd have to make a break for kingfisher and have to make due with their freezing cold showers.

Aren't the gates in Superquinn swing gates I'll think I'll either crawl under or over them thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,113 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Good Shepeard. Classic Zombie Survival area.

Ha yeah totally! Or the old infirmary before they remade it into them fancy pants apartments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

And there's at least three boss-battles worth in dem churches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Wouldint hold out but id head to Ballybricken garda station, get guns and ammo, fight my way to W.I.T and kill the mad scientist who created the zombie virus......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Do they actually have guns in the Garda Station down here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

angry_fox wrote: »
    Wouldint hold out but id head to Ballybricken garda station, get guns and ammo, fight my way to W.I.T and kill the mad scientist who created the zombie virus......

lol the scientist in question infected the blaa supplies with zombie dioxins .. his name thawdy aka the guy on tramore road who drinks plenty of cider .. he musta been a mi5 plant waitin to get us at our most vulnerable .. breafast with a blaa:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

themonk wrote: »
    breafast with a blaa:p

Ah, there will be no breakfast blaas for a while, so I think Twady's plan has been foiled (for now). Finally some good has come from this pork ban!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

some good ideas, but i disagree with the foodmarkets cos too many ppl would have though of them and their would be a struggle for power in them by the survivors

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Provided they can't swim Waterford Castle...also provided I can supply the place first :)

Good because:
    Easy access to boats, roads and has deer for food and lots of wood for heat/fire, could also plant food depending on time you need to stay there

Bad:
    Would need to supply it first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Woodies, woodies, woodies, theres no better choice in Zombie Survival.

That was my choice in a previous thread, i'm too lazy to look it up but there was a detailed description in it anyway.

That was of course before they put the extension on it with the large glass front.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

c - 13 wrote: »
    Woodies, woodies, woodies, theres no better choice in Zombie Survival.

That was my choice in a previous thread, i'm too lazy to look it up but there was a detailed description in it anyway.

That was of course before they put the extension on it with the large glass front.

Yeah since the glass front its just not that secure, perhaps B&Q might be better sure it has glass but a smaller amount of it...plus the place has more stock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭windowlicker

id go to downses, sure even a big fire couldnt take that place out

Ya could make some pretty special molotovs with their whiskey, providing you don't drink it first that is!
    I could see a land of the dead type situation with the richest survivors taking up residence in that atrium apartment block by the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

haha this thread is brilliant,i suppose i woud head for the fire station and borrow a couple of the fire engins and the big ladder 1,head out to passage picking up as many fleeing ningas as i can along the way and load the ferry with the engins and head back into town with thriller playing on the loud speaker going up n down the quay with the water cannons at the ready,i duno if the water would have any effect on the zombies but it sure would be a hell of a lot of fun watching the doughnuts comeing back for more haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Ya could make some pretty special molotovs with their whiskey, providing you don't drink it first that is!

Careful, you may be thrown to the zombies for even just suggesting that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Ya could make some pretty special molotovs with their whiskey

Bad idea man, don't you know the only thing worse then Zombies is FIRE ZOMBIES !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I have to say the castle and De La Salle are the fore runners here.

Advertisement