Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone use stablecomfort flooring

Options
  • 06-12-2008 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

I was wondering if any of you has direct experience using the stablecomfort flooring as opposed to rubber mats I am considering the product but have yet to come across its use.

Comments

I know there is a very popular brand of floor matting. Haven't used it myself but I have heard great things. Don't have the name to hand but can dig it out tomorrow for you.

The mats I was referring to were Kreiburg Kenmats.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PrideandLuna

I got it put in 2 years ago. It was expensive about €600 for a 12ftx12ft (i think) but it was worth every cent :) It does exactly what it says on the tin and more! I muck out in 10 minutes max, 5 on a good day.... My mare seems to lie down more. There aren't any gaps for the pee to et in under the mats :):):) I have just had a new stable built and I'll be putting it in there too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭needadvice

Thanks that is very interesting is it the actuak stablecomfort mattress you have. Mine are stabled in 14/14 so pricey but I resently bed very deep and may not need to with that floor

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PrideandLuna

Yeah it's definitely stablecomfort it's about 3-4inches thick and there are about three different layers.
    You can use as much or as little bedding as you like with them at the moment I'm using about two bales of shavings a month. ( I was using about two a week) You only really need enough to soak up the pee. I would not bother getting them if you still plan to use a lot of bedding as it would almost defeat the purpose.
    I also forgot to mention that my muck heap was reduced significantly which was a huge help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement