Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got a 360 60gb today,now have a couple of ?s

• 06-12-2008 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi again ,i bought the 299.99 bundle that includes Halo 3,Forza 2,GOW 1,PGR 2 and Lego Indiana jones and some panda game :eek: and extra wireless controller in smiths airside this morning got it home and turned it on what a noisy bastard it is i'm fairly dissappointed with this i thought they had quietened it down? I'm already thinking of selling it :(.

Also i'm connected up to my Panasonic plasma with a hdmi lead so how can i hook up to my onkyo amp and get surround sound, i know they'res a optical out on the back of the av lead but that wont fit in when i have the hdmi lead in :mad: whats the solution is there another way?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

joeperry wrote: »
    what a noisy bastard it is i'm fairly dissappointed with this i thought they had quietened it down? I'm already thinking of selling it :(.

If you install the games onto the hard drive and play from the hd its a lot quieter. You will need to have the disk in the drive when playing. But its much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Yup it is that noisy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep it is noisy and the launch ones were a hell of a lot noisier - mine died recently and the replacement MS sent is noticeably quieter (in comparison) but still annoyingly loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

If i had of known how noisy i may not have purchased it,I have it set up in my bedroom so i'm only couple of metres away from it and my hdmi lead is only a metre long so i cant move it any further from the telly:mad:.

I did think i could hide it away in the drawer under the telly but wireless controllers suck lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

put it in a drawer and itll be dead within 6 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

If you want to use your surround sound with a hdmi cable you need to get the official microsoft cable that comes with an RCA adapter (link). Its basically the same RCA connector that comes with the xbox but its smaller so that the hdmi cable will fit.

The adapter is not sold seperately. Sucks I know.

GBX wrote: »
    If you install the games onto the hard drive and play from the hd its a lot quieter. You will need to have the disk in the drive when playing. But its much better.

Cheers for the heads up but i can't figure out how to do this,the manual is useless :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You won't be able to install games to the hard drive until you've connected to Live and it has donwloaded the updated dashboard. On creating your initial Xbox Live account make sure that you only select the Silver option, do not pay for it at this stage. As soon as you've created the Silver account you'll be given a free months worth of Gold before you need to pay for it.

robinph wrote: »
    You won't be able to install games to the hard drive until you've connected to Live and it has donwloaded the updated dashboard. On creating your initial Xbox Live account make sure that you only select the Silver option, do not pay for it at this stage. As soon as you've created the Silver account you'll be given a free months worth of Gold before you need to pay for it.

God dam now you tell me,too late :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I never got my free months out of them either as I'd already had Live from the original Xbox as well.

You win some, you lose some. <shrugs>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

if I was you I'd bring it back. I mean your not happy with it. To much noise, wireless controller is ****. Manual is useless.

Anything you like about it????

Get a VGA cable in harvey normans for the 360 for 1euro comes with an optical cable. Don't use hdmi.

Advertisement