Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Recall of Irish Pork Products

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭carveone

KC81 wrote: »
    beef isnt affected as they are fed on grass mostly (hence why u see them in the fields).

Doh! Good point there kc81 :P
    there have been reports in the past about irish food safety testing not being good enough.
    and whatever about sending samples to england. that wouldnt reassure me.

I'm not sure really. I'm sure our labs are perfectly fine for general testing. I think when it comes to a full breakdown and analysis, the labs wouldn't be able to justify the equipment cost. Maybe it's like our labs can say: "there's poo in the water". But if they want a DNA analysis of the precise sources of said poo, they have to send it to the UK. Which seems like a reasonable situation - 99.9% of people would only care about the existence of the poo, and would be less interested in the details :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Trade unions say they hope hundreds of people laid off in the pig-meat processing sector over the past week will be able to resume their jobs in the coming days.

Pig factories across the country have been closed since Saturday's announcement that animals on a number of farms had eaten feed contaminated with dioxins.

Thousands of workers are believed to have been laid off or put on protective notice as a result.

Processors had been refusing to reopen their factories until agreement was reached with the Government on a compensation package.

Last night, the two sides concluded a deal on a €180m scheme.

So we should have our pork back for the weekend :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Christmas is saved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

What boogles my mind is the brands that claim are irish pork that were not at all. Galtee sausages and rashers! Not even irish! I always thought Galtee was irish?! good marketing i guess! ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

this might sound ignorant,but i have a huge craving for pizza tomorrow. does anyone know is pepporoni pork?( i strongly assume it is?) and is it an irish product? are four star pizza still serving their pepporoni?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Christmas is saved :)

Any chance there'll be any *smoked* ham before chrimbo??? (can't remember curing duration...) If not then Christmas isn't saved... :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd say there will - surely they'll have been smoked since before Sept 1?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Pre-September ham is long gone. And everything cured since then has been put in the bin to prevent the EU unleashing the wrath of God on us :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Solitaire wrote: »
    everything cured since then has been put in the bin to prevent the EU unleashing the wrath of God on us :rolleyes:
    No it hasn't, any supplier who didn't have any contact with the affected farms and feed supplier got to keep that pork for resale.

Advertisement