Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Villa

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Class match.

2 X great finishes by Young.

Lescott should play up front for Everton because on todays performance he sure as fcuk couldnt defend :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Hahhaha up the Villa! i love you Ashley Young!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It was a hell of a frantic match. Those Everton fans were raucous and were irritating me for much of that game the way they were mouthing off at everyone, including their own players. I was pleased to see Villa do the smash and grab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Hardly a smash and grab. Villa definitely deserved something from the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Hardly a smash and grab. Villa definitely deserved something from the match.

had we lost it mightve been harsh, but i wouldnt say we deserved to win by any stretch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I wouldn't say Villa deserved to win either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

MOTD2 on in ten minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Breathtaking finish! We only deserved a draw from the game but at last we got some much needed luck after being on the receiving end of a few of those last gasp goals over the years.

Btw I have Young and Lescott in my fantasy football team! Sweet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wow, just watched the MOTD highlights - fantastic game of football! :eek: And what a bloody finish

• Advertisement

knowing the result already i had a big smile on my face watching injury time especially as the commentator said something like how that draw would feel like a win to everton after they fought so hard for it... no it wont i chuckled and then BOOM! Ashley "What does Capello know" Young scores again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

yeah i hope capello was watching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Now that's the way football should be. And the result was right too! :D

Samurai wrote: »
    yeah i hope capello was watching

supposidly Capello has someone at every Villa match if he is not there himself, from the telegraph
    Unbeknownst to Young, the attacker was watched at Goodison by one of Fabio Capello’s trusted scouts, Kenny Swain, who knows what it takes to win a title (and European Cup) with Villa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Jaysus lads were ye guys watching a different game, Everton fairly dominated that game Villa were perched in the Toffees half for most of the game, sure they got the goals that mattered helped my woeful defending but to say Villa deserved a win beggars belief.

And young took his goals extremely well its not easy to finish goals like that with a plob into the gwladys street but he did it with some style and he should definately be in the england squad, I mean heskey is about as useful as a paper weight, how bruce can ask for 10million for him he is worth about 10euros IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Jaysus lads were ye guys watching a different game, Everton fairly dominated that game Villa were perched in the Toffees half for most of the game, sure they got the goals that mattered helped my woeful defending but to say Villa deserved a win beggars belief.

nobody said villa deserved it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

And young took his goals extremely well its not easy to finish goals like that with a plob into the gwladys street but he did it with some style and he should definately be in the england squad, I mean heskey is about as useful as a paper weight, how bruce can ask for 10million for him he is worth about 10euros IMO.
    This is true
    Match Stats
    	Everton 	Aston Villa
    Shots (on Goal) 	13(7) 	6(5)
    Fouls 	18 	18
    Corner Kicks 	10 	6
    Offsides 	0 	0
    Time of Possession 	61% 	39%
    Yellow Cards 	2 	1
    Red Cards 	0 	0
    Saves 	2 	5 

Friedel pulled off a few cracking saves BTW! He's quality when he wants to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

That's what feels so sweet. :D

I have been a toffee for eons and have not witnessed a smash and grab result at goodison like this for years, crazy. The villa celebrations at the end say it all.

Oh well, live and learn that was some shocking defensive play by Everton but im sure Moyes will get the team fired up for the city game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Was at the game, sat in Gladys St end amongst all the Toffees, how I didn't jump up when we got the winner I'll never know. The silence in Goodison was unreal - and beautiful!

lads

chelsea bandwagon monday night..

they have destroyed all before them on their travels and let in just one measley goal.

so, they have to run out of luck sooner rather than later and goodison on a week night under flood lights is not the easiest places to win. Id say managers would say its probably the hardest ground to grind out a result.

so we need all our boo boo boys and that in full swing to have any chance, and we need to get that boy fellaini up the ass of the chelsea defenders and whip in as many crosses and free kicks into their box to have any chance of winning this game.

my 2 cents...!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

Huh? is there no everton thread?

Advertisement