Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passed Theory Test, now what to do?

Options
  • 06-12-2008 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Sorry if someone else posted something similar but basically wanted some advice from you guys. Just passed the theory test this morning in Santry, so what to do now? I got my eye test done today, do you know if its necessary to get medical done also? I saw that somewhere on the citiz info website? Is this true.
    So I have my cert to say I passed
    Have my passport/drivers size photos
    Have the eye test report

Do I need the medical too? And if so, do the doctors have the form for the medical or do I need to get it from somewhere else or something?

Then do I go to the Tax office near Smithfield or something, sorry the guy at test centre just said I needed an eye test, anyone have any advice for a naive new test passer? :) All comments appreciated.

- Trevor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

uh.. I never heard of a medical, or got one...

You're gonna need the application form for the license. Can be got in the tax office, garda station or possibly library. All the details are on the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭trevorku

Yeah coz I never heard that you need a medical done, unless you were driving a HGV or something, yeah maybe ill pop down to the garda station to get the forms tomorrow. Thanks for that, sorry am just stressing out coz im eager to get the license, also do you get the license on the day you go to the tax office or do they post it out for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

You don't need a medical test, all they need is an eye exam to confirm you can see where you're going, you can pickup the application forms in most civic buildings such as libraries.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

trevorku wrote: »
    Yeah coz I never heard that you need a medical done, unless you were driving a HGV or something, yeah maybe ill pop down to the garda station to get the forms tomorrow. Thanks for that, sorry am just stressing out coz im eager to get the license,
    A medical is required for a truck or bus licence. (You don't state the category you are referring to so I presume it is B).
    trevorku wrote:
    also do you get the license on the day you go to the tax office or do they post it out for you?
    They're almost always posted out but some MTOs will issue them over the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

trevorku wrote: »
    Thanks for that, sorry am just stressing out coz im eager to get the license, also do you get the license on the day you go to the tax office or do they post it out for you?

Took 2-3 weeks for me to get mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

if ya go to Ballymun early ya might get it on the spot, otherwise abour a week, or maybe a bit longer because of Xmas etc. dunno about smithfield.

Incidentally, does anyone know....if ya've submitted an eye report for one Category, do ya need to submit it again for a different category?

i.e. i got my full B licence 4 years ago, and now im gettin my Cat. C learner permit, so do i need an eye test? Its been over 5 years since i proved i can see!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

coyle wrote: »
    Incidentally, does anyone know....if ya've submitted an eye report for one Category, do ya need to submit it again for a different category?

i.e. i got my full B licence 4 years ago, and now im gettin my Cat. C learner permit, so do i need an eye test? Its been over 5 years since i proved i can see!
    A medical is required for a Category C Learner Permit, and, if memory serves me correctly, an eye test is included in the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

A medical is required for a Category C Learner Permit, and, if memory serves me correctly, an eye test is included in the medical.

hey thanks for the reply. youre a veritable salmon of knowledge for all these little annoyances about licences and stuff! Think youre right anyway, just noticed theres a space on the eye test form for a stamp and it does say "stamp of doctor, or opthalmic optician".

As another one, i got my second provisional in summer 04 and it had the A category listed on it. Passed my car test later that year and provo obviously disappeared. I know i still have the A entitlement (it bein less that 5 years since i had a valid one), but how am i supposed to get it on my new learner permit? my last provo would have expired in summer 06, but obviously i cant get a 3rd one without doin a test, which i cant do cos i havent a valid A provo/learner permit. Help!

Advertisement