Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

downgrade Vista home prem to xp

• 06-12-2008 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi Guys , i know some where there was a tread on this but cant find it now,
    love to know if any of you had vista home pem and put in xp home and if it worked vista is doing my head in !!!!! :mad:

Thanks for any help guys ,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055367237

How long have you been using Vista? In all fairness its just a lot different from XP and yes, takes some time to get used to.

User Account Control, UAC, is the leading cause of user frustration, and can be disabled in the control panel. Simply, go to the start menu and click on your user icon in the very upper right corner of the start menu (its the same icon you see when you login) - this opens up the User Account panel, and from here, you can disable UAC.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

Thank you for the vista link .

No i guess vista ia ok but ..... i need it for video editing and its not that great it , but it should be Qwad core . guess i like xp and knew it like the back of my hand .

i honestly cant imagine XP being any better for video editing. you can always didsable the Aero Theme and save yourself some system resources but to be honest the difference in performance between the two OSs at this stage is negligible.

For video editing your RAM and GPU are far more important than your processor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Overheal wrote: »
    i honestly cant imagine XP being any better for video editing. you can always didsable the Aero Theme and save yourself some system resources but to be honest the difference in performance between the two OSs at this stage is negligible.

Its just soo annoying that they rearranged everything and made it more awkward to do lots of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ste_burn

yes i have downgrade(upgrade) a HP laptop To XP

the only thing i you will mite need extra drivers to see the hard drive
    these need to be loaded when xp install starts press f6 button to load the drivers from a floppy disk
    it will only work with floppy drive usb flash sticks dont work xp will be able to use it.

you can get a usb floppy drive to get this to work.

Please note if your pc is still in warrantte it will void.

• Advertisement

suppafly wrote: »
    Its just soo annoying that they rearranged everything and made it more awkward to do lots of stuff.
    in video editing or the OS? The OS side of things is far more streamlined. Its like the starbar can read my mind.

ste_burn wrote: »
    Please note if your pc is still in warrantte it will void.

Not necessarily. The warranty is on the hardware rather than the software. I only heard of one case where a shop wouldn't honour a warranty for someone who put Linux on a laptop but that was a case of them being asses rather than it being the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Video editing would be no different at all on vista or xp.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=819
    Transform Windows Vista into Windows VXP — the hybrid

turns off all the bells so it behaves more like XP

Advertisement