Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homeplug

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

I've got two of these: http://www.devolo.com/co_EN_cs/produkte/dlan/dlan200aveasy.html and they work perfectly, these can go up to 200mbit (I usually get 190mbit)compared to the others which go up to 85mbit which doesn't really matter unless your doing big file transfers or streaming HD video.Latency wise they only add 3ms :).

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

I have the Devolo too, work great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Hi lads,

Have been using hompelugs for a month now, great kit.

However, does anyone know how much juice they use if left on all the time?
    I have 2 single 85mbs plugs and one triple ethernet plug @ 85mbs plugged in all the time and I'm due my ESB bill in the next two weeks

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Not sure about the 85mbit models but the 200mbit models use 5Watts max when in operation and they'll go into power-saving mode if theres no network detected which reduces power consumption up to 30%. Don't have to worry about these sucking too much juice :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Cheers, Some Person that's not bad at all!

• Advertisement
Advertisement