Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Heater resistor pack

Options
  • 06-12-2008 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

I need to get my hands on a heater resistor pack for rover 400. Will I be able to get one at a motor factors or whats my best bet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I need to get my hands on a heater resistor pack for rover 400. Will I be able to get one at a motor factors or whats my best bet.

The same resistor pack is probably used on lots of different models, so shouldn't be to hard to track one down....

If its wire wound and you can see the break it in, you'll probably be able to bridge it with the metal bit out of a block connector....

The Best options for replacing i would say:-
    Ebay
    Scrap yard
    Dealer
    Make one from new power resistors from radionics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

Had a closer look today looks like it may be brushes in heater fan motor that need replacing. Is this a DIY job.

If its wire wound and you can see the break it in, you'll probably be able to bridge it with the metal bit out of a block connector....

Got a motor in the breakers, resistor pack in scrapped car was broken though but got speeds 1 and 2 working for now using DublinDilbert's brilliant idea. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

How I fixed the resistor pack in mine.
    Linky

ARGINITE wrote: »
    How I fixed the resistor pack in mine.
    Linky

Thanks for that looks a good long term fix, not sure if my soldering would be up to it though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement