Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance

Options
  • 06-12-2008 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hey folks,

How do yous think my insurance company would react if I told them I wanted to change my current address to a Northern address?

Would they continue or refuse to cover me?

Thanks
    Kev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

i could be wrong but if you have permanent residency outside the 26 counties of ireland then you need to obtain insurance from the country where you intend to live!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

i lived inthe north for two years but didnt change anything. you'd have to tax/insure your car up north if you wanted to do everty8hing by the book
    that includes their version of the NCT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They'd tell you to get insurance in the North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

It's probably cheaper up there anyway,sure everything else is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

You have to inform your insurance company that you changed address, otherwise they can use that to withhold any payout if you ever had a claim.

I know Quinn can easily transfer your insurance from ROI to NI. If your with another insurance company, that doesnt deal in the north, you will have to cancel and get insurance elsewhere and you will loose earning this years NCB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dakaiser

Thanks for all the replies. Would probably be better of changing so.

Advertisement