Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork Recall - Trying To Get A Refund Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I've heard tesco are issuing refunds if you have the reciept regardless of if you bring the meat back or not.

Anyone know if this is true?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dangel4x4

KevIRL wrote: »
    I've heard tesco are issuing refunds if you have the reciept regardless of if you bring the meat back or not.

Anyone know if this is true?

Dunno about that. The Tesco in Mahon Point, Cork refused to give me a refund this morning - said they were only refunding Tesco own-brand meat at this point in time. I pointed out the return policy sign on the wall behind the counter which said "You can return goods with 28 days if you're not happy with them" - at which point they grudgingly gave me a refund... :rolleyes:

The four people in the queue in front of me returning meat didn't spot the sign and didn't get a refund though.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭lego

I bought sausages, rashers and pudding in Spar on ballymun road a few days ago. I'd eaten the sausages and rashers. I called in to them today and asked for a refund. They asked for a reciept. As I only had the pudding left to give back to them that was all they refunded me for. I just accepted the refund.

If that's the way its going to be I'd say retailers and suppliers are hoping that we have had the misfortune of eating most of the agent-orange-dioxin-laden-food already so they wont have to give a refund.

Under the SALE OF GOODS AND SUPPLY OF SERVICES ACT, 1980 the goods in question were NOT of merchantable quality OR fit for the purpose intended (Public Consumption).

Are foodstuffs exempt from the act or are they exempt from the act once you have consumed the product and have the dioxins in your body?

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1980/en/act/pub/0016/print.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

lego wrote: »
    I bought sausages, rashers and pudding in Spar on ballymun road a few days ago. I'd eaten the sausages and rashers. I called in to them today and asked for a refund. They asked for a reciept. As I only had the pudding left to give back to them that was all they refunded me for.

If that's the way its going to be I'd say retailers and suppliers are hoping that we have had the misfortune of eating most of the agent-orange-dioxin-laden-food already so they wont have to give a refund.

Sounds like you have other things to worry about ,tbh.

311 wrote: »
    Sounds like you have other things to worry about ,tbh.

Ballymun Road stretches all the way down to the Met Eireann pyramid in Glasnevin. I'm sure the residents along it would love to rename it due to the negative associations with ballymun and resulting reduction in property prices. I'm not too bothered about it, its still a fair walk from Ballymun to Glasnevin and skangers are lazy so you don't see them often (unless they are checking out people's houses for a quick buck - usually they make it so obvious).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I bought sausages, rashers and pudding in Spar on ballymun road a few days ago. I'd eaten the sausages and rashers. I called in to them today and asked for a refund. They asked for a reciept. As I only had the pudding left to give back to them that was all they refunded me for. I just accepted the refund.

What did you expect? That they should refund you for something you've already eaten, and something that is NOT going to cause you any problems?

It's not Agent Orange, nor is the food laden with dioxins. This is the kind of over the top, sensationalist bullshit that's causing all the panic about something that, as it's been identified and removed, will not be a problem for anyone.

Under the SALE OF GOODS AND SUPPLY OF SERVICES ACT, 1980 the goods in question were NOT of merchantable quality OR fit for the purpose intended (Public Consumption).

Are foodstuffs exempt from the act or are they exempt from the act once you have consumed the product and have the dioxins in your body?

Food is not exempt, but since you no longer have it, you can't return it. You have no evidence that there are any dioxins in your body as a result of eating this food, nor do you have any evidence that would be of any harm to you. In fact, the FSA has said that it is not going to cause anyone any harm.

Get over yourself, and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Ballymun Road stretches all the way down to the Met Eireann pyramid in Glasnevin. I'm sure the residents along it would love to rename it due to the negative associations with ballymun and resulting reduction in property prices. I'm not too bothered about it, its still a fair walk from Ballymun to Glasnevin and skangers are lazy so you don't see them often (unless they are checking out people's houses for a quick buck - usually they make it so obvious).

What are you on about ? ,It was your state of mind I was referring to :D

jor el wrote: »
    What did you expect? That they should refund you for something you've already eaten, and something that is NOT going to cause you any problems?

It's not Agent Orange, nor is the food laden with dioxins. This is the kind of over the top, sensationalist bullshit that's causing all the panic about something that, as it's been identified and removed, will not be a problem for anyone.

If its not dangerous, then why bother telling people not to eat it?

Agent orange is just a different type of dioxin.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2008/1208/1228571631246.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_2390790_treat-dioxin-poisoning.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_Orange

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/fssa/microchem/resid/2004-2005/anima_mvdde.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If its not dangerous, then why bother telling people not to eat it?

I didn't say it wasn't dangerous, I said that only prolonged exposure was going to cause problems. The little we have consumed over the last 4 months is not going to impact on anyone. If you have consumed enough pork products for it to be of concern, then the wider health implicationsof consumiong that much pork in a short period of time will be of much greater concern.
    Agent orange is just a different type of dioxin.

Yes, it's different, so why mention it. Beef is just a different kind of meat, so why not take all the beef off the shelves too?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Brought back 15 euro worth of sliced ham to my local deli today, no receipt, refund was not a problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement