Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live arcade download problem

• 06-12-2008 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

Alrighty,
    This is going to be a long one so get ready. :o

So last night i resubscribed to xbox live for 3 months and decided to celebrate this momentous occasion by splashing out on 2100 microsoft points. :pac:

Main reason is because since to that god send NXE, the downloadable classic games are easier to find. So when i seen sonic the hedgehog i got a blast of nostalgia big enough to take down Muhammad Ali.

So, because my internet is fecked i went to my mates to connect my hard drive to his console..

Now, let me explain something first. My little brother has an arcade console, so to show him the joys of online gaming i gave him the lend of my drive.
    He had it when NXE came out so he downloaded it for me onto the drive.

Anyways, last night when i got my points and re subscribed i downloaded Sonic, Sonic 2 and Uno.

So i get home back to my house and realise that the only game i can play without it telling me that i need to unlock the full version is Sonic 2?!

So i got back in the car today and go up with my Console this time and try it out. I connect to live and....
    Uno works fine online, so does Sonic 2.

But then sonic 1, i come to the menu and the game tells me that i still need to unlock it?! WTF?
    I have 4 achievments unlocked?...
    See here: http://live.xbox.com/member/CMpunked

I called up xbox support and they said they're computers were down so there was no way of checking?
    He said if i call back tomorrow....blah blah....

He said to either 1. Deete the game and try re downloading it or wait until tomorrow and i will be refunded my points, but to be honest i want my game dammit :(

I even deleted my progress in it and tried to download it again, but my progress came back under the game when i got it again :confused:

(good to know that they do that)

So i know that was long :o but does anyone know what the hell is going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

You are fighting with Digital Rights Management (DRM). When a game is downloaded to your harddrive, its locked to the MAC address of the xbox its downloaded to. That is unless the profile used to download the game is signed into live, then the game can be used on the console storage device its currently on. This is to stop one person buying content and then downloading it to all their friends harddrives, and them using it. The only way you can play your game on your console is to be signed into LIVE. I learned this the hard way when the LIVE Arcade was first launched.

Take your console to your brothers gaff to download in the future. You could try to call customer support and ask if they'll change the DRM to your console (you probably need LIVE access to do this too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

You are fighting with Digital Rights Management (DRM). When a game is downloaded to your harddrive, its locked to the MAC address of the xbox its downloaded to. That is unless the profile used to download the game is signed into live, then the game can be used on the console storage device its currently on. This is to stop one person buying content and then downloading it to all their friends harddrives, and them using it. The only way you can play your game on your console is to be signed into LIVE. I learned this the hard way when the LIVE Arcade was first launched.

Take your console to your brothers gaff to download in the future. You could try to call customer support and ask if they'll change the DRM to your console (you probably need LIVE access to do this too).

So in other words, the only way to play sonic is to take the drive and put it into my bros console?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

creggy wrote: »

One thing about that, will that not transfer ALL of the licenses from my brothers console?

Advertisement