Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kurt Angle

• 06-12-2008 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE creative has begun brainstorming return scenarios in the event that Kurt Angle decides to return to the company when his TNA contract expires next September. It should be noted that these meetings are simply preliminary, and that no concrete decisions have been made by Kurt Angle in any way. WWE officials were surprised when Angle recently did a shoot interview speaking highly of WWE and even Triple H, which gave them the feeling that he may be more willing to return to the company than people had originally thought.

If Angle does return to WWE, we would most likely see him work a lighter schedule similar to what Shawn Michaels works, where he would appear on TV tapings, PPV's and the occasional house show. It should be noted that although WWE would most likely bring Kurt back into the company if he wanted to return, there are those backstage who feel bringing him back would be a mistake as his departure to TNA two years ago was marred by controversy and his physical condition was a serious concern.

Could it happen? Could or would Kurt return?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

JP Liz wrote: »

Just because he spoke well of WWE/HHH doesnt mean that he would want to go anywhere near them again.

He left WWE because he was sick of it and joined TNA because the option was there, i cant see him walking back in after all that happened.

Lets say he goes back to WWE, they start mid carding him, they test his patience, he doesnt agree with creative etc etc...

He says, "Fine, i want out..."

Who's to say TNA would take him back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He left WWE because he was sick of it

He left because WWE made him because they were afraid that he was going to die

That's a slightly distorted rewrite of the Observer article. Meltzer mentioned nothing about any shoot interview and he wrote that Shane McMahon and Michael Hayes have talked about possible scenarios were he to return

"Brainstorming" is a bit too strong of a word too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

WWE can't even book long term for the next PPV so I severely doubt they have something ready for Angle already. Apparently a bunch of TNA contracts are coming up in March and there could be a massive exodus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Do they have nothing better to do than "Brainstorm" about a return of a guy that might not actually return and if he does it will not be for another year?

Fozzy wrote: »

WWE creative don't brainstorm, they just think up ideas that a mcmahon will like.

Stupid yes men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

WWE creative don't brainstorm, they just think up ideas that a mcmahon will like.

Stupid yes men.

WHAT?

callaway92 wrote: »
    WHAT?

They are glorified "yes men".

Incase anyone isnt familiar with the term: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/yes-men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No they are not glorified "Yes Men"..Have you got proof that they are..You are talking like they are dumb..even though they have made WWE the most successful wrestling organisation of all time..probably never to be bettered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

No they are not glorified "Yes Men"..Have you got proof that they are..You are talking like they are dumb..even though they have made WWE the most successful wrestling organisation of all time..probably never to be bettered

Of course they are glorified yes men. Look at the sh*t that they have produced. Donald vs Rosie anyone? No one dares challenge Vince any more. Say what you want about Heyman but at least he was willing to challenge Vince. Not that it did him much good as he was shown the door as a result.

Bringing up how successful they have been in the past is bizarre since the company has been in a creative slump for several years.

Look at all the degrading and immoral storylines that vince has pulled out of his ass, which could have taken just one writer to disagree with him to be avoided.

But how about we not derail this thread (its about Kurt Angle) and if you want to continue with this i will very happily over PM?

• Advertisement

Do they have nothing better to do than "Brainstorm" about a return of a guy that might not actually return and if he does it will not be for another year?

The Observer called it a "what if" scenario and not something that they believe is going to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Stupid yes men.
    I cant think of a better idea than to think up idea's your boss will like :rolleyes:

on topic: I'd love to see Kurt back.. theres no way he'd be relegated to midcard.. he's too good in the ring and on the mic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

At the end of the day there's only 1 WWE fan that counts when it comes to creative making decisions and thats Vince, as long as he's happy, they'll stay employed, its the problem with WWE at the moment, too many people telling Vince exactly what he wants to hear and the product is suffering because of it, of course they get things right at times, look at the HBK/Jericho feud, but they've made some mind-boggingly stupid writing decisions this year, and its because nobody has the balls to say no to Vince except Shane, Steph and maybe HHH, and even then its vince who has the final say on everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

He left because WWE made him because they were afraid that he was going to die

That's a slightly distorted rewrite of the Observer article. Meltzer mentioned nothing about any shoot interview and he wrote that Shane McMahon and Michael Hayes have talked about possible scenarios were he to return

The fact that Meltzer didn't mention a shoot interview doesn't mean it didn't happen. I saw a recent shoot and he talked very highly of Vince and Triple H, didn't really say a bad word about anyone. Even complemented Senshi.

I'd say he would go back if the money was right.

rizzla wrote: »
    The fact that Meltzer didn't mention a shoot interview doesn't mean it didn't happen

And the fact that some random cut-and-paste guy did means it did happen?

My point is that whoever wrote what was quoted in the OP is attributing stuff to Meltzer that he didn't write. Maybe it is true, but that's not what was reported

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Now that you're not a mod anymore Fozzy you can't burst everyone's bubble with your facts and expect to get away with it!

My point is that whoever wrote what was quoted in the OP is attributing stuff to Meltzer that he didn't write. Maybe it is true, but that's not what was reported

Ah right didn't look at it like that. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

amacachi wrote: »
    Now that you're not a mod anymore Fozzy you can't burst everyone's bubble with your facts and expect to get away with it!

Yes he can actually, it doesn't take a moderator to tell the difference between fact and what some muppet on a 3rd party website claims is fact.

Please PLEASE stop posting quotes from 3rd party rubbish websites? You've been at it for months now and quite frankly, the joke stopped being funny then.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Al articles are to be sourced, as directed in the charter.

If a source isn't provided for that report I'm deleting this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,337 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

orestes wrote: »
    Al articles are to be sourced, as directed in the charter.

If a source isn't provided for that report I'm deleting this thread.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=230461840

Thank you Mitch,
    As you can see, folks, typical Wrestlezone. 1 line of observer, 20 lines of bullsh*t to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    As you can see, folks, typical Wrestlezone. 1 line of observer, 20 lines of bullsh*t to follow.

I wouldn't go that far. It's more a less what's reported in the observer with a couple of minor distortions that Fozzy outlined earlier.

I wouldn't go that far. It's more a less what's reported in the observer with a couple of minor distortions that Fozzy outlined earlier.

You know as well as I do, they've done a lot worse than that before. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    You know as well as I do, they've done a lot worse than that before. :)

Not in this instance. That's why your post is off the mark.

Back on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I don't care where Kurt ends up next year as long as I never hear him talk about how he's in negotiating with various MMA orgs again and he'll fight at the end of the year. He's like a bald Tito Ortiz.

Supposedly Steph isn't great at taking criticism either. And since she's the Head writer we all know how that goes.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I don't care where Kurt ends up next year as long as I never hear him talk about how he's in negotiating with various MMA orgs again and he'll fight at the end of the year. He's like a bald Tito Ortiz.

He's going to have a big press conference to announce his MMA plans three weeks ago

I actually think that WWE will re-sign him as long as there's no major incidents or injuries before September. I really think that he'd go back too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kurt probably realises if he doesnt finish his career in WWE he wont get a HOF spot or at least not until way after he retires, whereas if he returns he leaves a legacy behind instead of being a former main eventer who left for a smaller company, I'd rather he just retire altogether than return he's done pretty much everything he could in WWE aside from feud with some of the newer guys, although this means nothing since he's in training to fight Chuck Liddell and Brock Lesnar at the same time in one ocatagon after a bidding war between all the MMA companies :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If speaking highly means he is going to return, then bret hart has returned/ left 20 times. It's all just part of the politics of the game.

Also even the English in that article is dreadful, "to what Shawn Michaels works"?

• Advertisement

In the recent shoot he mentions he just says them things about MMA to garner a response from people, he know's he's not physhically capable to do it. He also mentions that he would like to work a programme with CM Punk.

If he did go back to WWE I would start watching it again. I don't matter where he goes or stays in fairness, he always gives 100%.

rizzla wrote: »
    In the recent shoot he mentions he just says them things about MMA to garner a response from people, he know's he's not physhically capable to do it. He also mentions that he would like to work a programme with CM Punk.

Wonder would that make peoples opinions of punk change?

Advertisement