Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of date beer. Drink or nay drinkith

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I'm in the mood for heavy drinking this evening and it would matter little what date was on the can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

themadchef wrote: »
    Gutter girl ;)

O rly? Maybe you and me should talk somewhere quiet... ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I live off out free of date beer, i get cases of the stuff every week, im very popular with the lads in college ;)

Hangovers are a little worse :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

FearDark wrote: »
    I live off out free of date beer, i get cases of the stuff every week, im very popular with the lads in college ;)

popular with the lads?

drunken buttsekz. Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

themadchef wrote: »
    Ewwwww, the mental image of Snyper giving you head
    :confused::confused::confused:

Mental is right...

Didn't get that either /shakes Cataleya Gray Android's erm Hand.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Remember one time I was given a case of white wine. That for some reason had turned green. Drank it all the same. It was grand

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I don't have that sort of money terry!! *puts on rent boy outfit, heads out to docks...*

I've enough for 24 cans. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

FearDark wrote: »

WHAT you mean you get it free. I used to pay one third the RRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

snyper wrote: »
    Im on my 4th can
    Most likely on your 12th can by now and still not dead.

Any note?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Terry wrote: »
    I've enough for 24 cans. :p

Well, I have enough for 24 cans in that case, provided I don't need to eat for the next week...beer is sustenance right?

• Advertisement

dSTAR wrote: »
    Most likely on your 12th can by now and still not dead.

Any note?

grand, if it wasnt for the cnut on the couch beside me watch fcukin music videos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

grand, if it wasnt for the cnut on the couch beside me watch fcukin music videos

Erm not that I'd ever question the master here but rape for the win?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Fuck that! Give her the flick and tell her to get her own out of date beers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Ah drink it for **** sake, the longer it is out of date, the more time it has to responsibly increase its alcohol saturation. Be warned of possibly getting in the morning a) a dose of the ****s like napalm or b) your brain will feel like its being pulled out of your skull

Well, I have enough for 24 cans in that case, provided I don't need to eat for the next week...beer is sustenance right?
    Vegetable soup.

Hops, wheat, barely, oats, rice and such.

Vegetable soup./QUOTE]

very true.
    I know, ive puked up a fair few carrots the morning after a hard night out.

Vegetable soup./QUOTE]

very true.
    I know, ive puked up a fair few carrots the morning after a hard night out.
    See.
    And you hadn't eaten carrots in weeks, had you?

I am alive.

ktanxbi

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

the "carotts " in vomit are actually the lining of your stomach and not carrott

auditek923 wrote: »
    the "carotts " in vomit are actually the lining of your stomach and not carrott
    No it's not.

Carrots exist in alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

You should first flog yourself for allowing beer to sit around for so long, then immediately drink it to try to drown the shame of being so dishonorably bush league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

bit late...but my motto..If it's best before...surely it's ok after:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I am alive.

ktanxbi

Thank you for proving it can be done. I'll never toss old beer again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its "best before date" and not "use by date", many use these interchangeably without a thought of what the words mean. "use by" is usually used on products like meat which should be used by a certain date otherwise they can get diseased and cause real sickness. "best before" means just that, it is at its best before that date and usually will only decrease in taste quality after that. If there was no "best before" some retailers would bulk buy to save money, sell years later and give the brand a bad name since the product will not taste great. Also the labels go tatty, faded or have the old logo etc.

Some tins or packs of food have a best before up to 3 years away, yet I know people who think once the clock strikes midnight after that 3 years that it suddenly turns to a mouldy poisonous substance, yet would have gladly eaten it the day before.

Carbon dioxide can escape through the can or bottle, albeit very slowly, whereas PET plastic bottles are far more porous and can go flatter faster.

When making these "best before" dates the manufacturers are taking into account the worst case scenario they can, they do not want their beer reaching a customer tasting off. Clear glass bottles will go bad in the sun, faster than coloured bottles. Storing at high temperatures has an exponentially adverse affect on most food & drink. Therefore they take the worst case, a retailer storing the beer in the sunny window of his shop, during a heatwave with constant 30-35C heat.
    So yes in that case it would taste a bit off after 6 months. But if stored properly it will be good for several years.

rubadub wrote: »
    Its "best before date" and not "use by date", .

thing is though, it does not indicate which it is, it has a manufacturing ate and a date after that, roughly 1 year later, it doent say use by of best before.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

thing is though, it does not indicate which it is, it has a manufacturing ate and a date after that, roughly 1 year later, it doent say use by of best before.
    I would presume BB when it does not specifically say "use by". It is usually fairly obvious from the product, e.g. sugar would be BB, raw meat would be "use by". Use bys are usually a relatively short period of time. Just look at other brands of the same product if you are unsure, some other beer will have BB on it.

If a beer has a particular promo on it, e.g. rugby heineken cans, then it might have a closer BB, this is just so the shops are not selling old looking cans, with sports events now over.

Easter eggs can have shorter dates so retailers will not hang onto them for next year, and have out of date packaging. Same with christmas branded foods, I got loads of KP nuts with santas on the pack with short sell bys, straight after christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Two months, fecking drink it without a second thought.
    If if was over two year I may think about it twice but still drink it anyway....

Advertisement