Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Want to play xbox360 on pc monitor?

• 07-12-2008 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a LG 22" LCD L226WTQ-SF and want to buy an xbox 360 at Christmas.

How can I hook up my xbox 360 to the pc monitor above? I've done some research but it seems sketchy, will the resolution be correct? Can I watch HD on it? How can I hook up sound to a stero / other

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

you just need the vga cable (link) and your laughing. As for sound, you're gonna need some external speakers. The cable has the 2 red/white cables and an adapter to convert to a standard 3.5mm audio jack. You can just plug these into some kinda speaker system. Or if you have a surround sound system you can use the optical out to connect.

/Edit, also since the last update 1680x1050 is a supported res so it will look lovenly for both games and watching HD content :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

fair play thanks alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

go to harvey Normans they have xbox 360 vga leads with optical cable for 1 euro. YES the was ONE euro. I bought a few just for the optical cables.
    They have a basket of them in Limerick anyway. I'm sure other HN will have the same offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I just picked up one of these cables. Price has gone up to ?2. Shocking :-). Thanks for the heads up.
    ROC1977 wrote: »
    go to harvey Normans they have xbox 360 vga leads with optical cable for 1 euro. YES the was ONE euro. I bought a few just for the optical cables.
    They have a basket of them in Limerick anyway. I'm sure other HN will have the same offer.

damn credit crunch!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Will this work aswell? http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338507 it's cheaper and seems to have more features?

Deaddude wrote: »
    Will this work aswell? http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338507 it's cheaper and seems to have more features?

harvey norman 2 euros for VGA to plug into monitor. Can't get any cheaper than that. Most of those cooling fan combos make the 360 louder, and over heat more. Exactly what its not meant to do. I'd Avoid that.

Advertisement