Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talkin' 'bout a revolution.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

My head hurts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Terry wrote: »
    My head hurts.

ah poor terry, you have my sympathy.

still going ahead with the revolution

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Something serious happening on AH?
    El oh el, not gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

These people know how to make people do things in large numbers.

Eh no, they know how to delegate and employ overpriced consultants and media spin doctors to make themselves look better. Learned from the Irish business school of "how to pass the blame on to others and protect your own interests".

We need honest, down to earth good people with no hidden agendas or influence from any particular sector.
    Integrity, there's an extreme lack of it at the moment in all the major political parties not just our present government.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Can I be successor to the country?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I find it disheartening that so many at present are upset about one thing or another, are giving out at home, in the shops, at work and in the bars and restaurants - yet on the whole they are unwilling to get up off their backsides otherwise and actually do something about it!

I realise that each one of us has daily lives. That in between work, sleep, feeding the kids and walking the dog, etc there is lesser time to do all the things we would like to do.
    My own frustration at the Irish public is that for all the time spent by those consistently whining and crying over the condition of this, that or the other, the majority will say the equivalent of "sorry - I can't be bothered" or "I couldn't be arsed!"

To those that say "why bother - its a waste of time" I say - because if you don't stand up for something then you truly deserve the state of the country that your either living in and/or partly responsible for the suffering at the moment!
    "Why bother - its a waste of time?" Only because the next time you have to pay more tax, more vat, more at the petrol station, more at the shops, more at the school book book and clothing section, etc, you can turn, look in a mirror and say to yourself "This stuff might be expensive but it could have been worse - except for the fact that I did my small bit and actually got up off my arse and contributed to those objecting to unwanted further changes!

"why bother?" Its only your and your offsprings frakin' future we're talking about!
    It's only my feelings but I get pissed off at those that rant and rave 7 days a week, 24 hours a day about this that and the other from one person to the next, indoors and out. Yet ask those same people directly to join you in trying to do something - anything! - and the answer is "No" and "can't be bothered/couldn't care less/why bother - its a waste of time" or some other miserably useless and lazy excuse.
    "What have you done this year to make a difference!"

If your incensed enough to give out about something, for gods sake - at least once in a year, put down the remote control, get up off the sofa and turn off the pc/laptop. Get out and protest. Write a letter, pester your T.D. or local spokesperson for some body or other!

The same way most people feel that some others are not entitled to give about their government unless they actually go and do their voting duty, the same principle applies in regards to giving out about something!

Stop just groaning away in your sitting position, get up - give out and raise your voice in defiance!
    Hell, that's how this Irish Republican state was founded!
    Lets live up to those ideas - not let them die miserably as they are right now!

Rant over - for now...

...I'm just pissed off big time with some people!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Why bother, its a waste of time.

Half the morans in this country will still vote FF even if their local FF TD came into their house, took a dump on the floor, and charged them for the service.

Last general election, I voted Green to see what difference they could make, and all I got was poo in a cup.

So, why bother? Its a waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Last general election, I voted Green to see what difference they could make, and all I got was poo in a cup.

at least it can be recycled not like some of the politic parties

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Half the morans in this country will still vote FF even if their local FF TD came into their house, took a dump on the floor, and charged them for the service.

So, why bother? Its a waste of time.

Because FF do this evertyime. They **** everything up in the first few forgettable years in office saving up money so they can splash out on the final year. Then short memory sheep go out and vote for them.
    If an election was held tomorrow and FF got in I'd eat my frickin hat.

Also why should the government give a **** bout doing a good job if you coudnt be arsed pulling them up on it. If I could get away with doing my job half assed and keep it do you think I'd bust my balls either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

"Im voting for Cowen, didnt he take a sh*it on the kitchen floor a while back! Hes the only politician who did anything for us.. "

True, there was a sense that the greens might make a difference last time but they failed miserably with their stupid policies and FF line towing. I wont vote for them again..

2 parties one cup at the moment.

• Advertisement

Ok, so tomorrow is probably not a good idea due to lack of forward thinking on my part.

Anyone for the 15th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

do your jobs or go to prison

OK I'm out. Ya mad Nazi bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barkingmadlolly

Due to not working in Dublin City Centre, unfortunately a Monday doesnt suit me :mad: but yes great idea. Maybe we could have mini demonstrations at local council offices? Or petitions which could be filled in online which would be presented on the day?

Even if people cannot actually travel to the city centre the day of the protest, I think this could work better if there were other ways to let people support it as I for one would like to see a change in the government and failing that a change in their attitude

Due to not working in Dublin City Centre, unfortunately a Monday doesnt suit me :mad: but yes great idea. Maybe we could have mini demonstrations at local council offices? Or petitions which could be filled in online which would be presented on the day?

Even if people cannot actually travel to the city centre the day of the protest, I think this could work better if there were other ways to let people support it as I for one would like to see a change in the government and failing that a change in their attitude
    Well the 1916 rising wasn't confined to Dublin. :)

Seriously though, local council offices would also be great.

The thing is though that we have to actually get them on one of the days they actually go to the Dail.
    It's going to have to be weekdays only.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barkingmadlolly

Terry wrote: »
    The thing is though that we have to actually get them on one of the days they actually go to the Dail.
    It's going to have to be weekdays only.

Agreed but maybe a bit more notice to allow people to get themselves organised? Dunno about anyone else, but my hols for this year are used up and this is worth taking a day off and showing support for..... Maybe early Jan, get it properly organised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Biggins wrote: »
    I find it disheartening that so many at present are upset about one thing or another, are giving out at home, in the shops, at work and in the bars and restaurants - yet on the whole they are unwilling to get up off their backsides otherwise and actually do something about it!
    To this I say; what the hell were you doing to improve the country while creating this rant?
    Stop just groaning away in your sitting position, get up - give out and raise your voice in defiance!
    Hell, that's how this Irish Republican state was founded!
    Lets live up to those ideas - not let them die miserably as they are right now!

Rant over - for now...

...I'm just pissed off big time with some people!

To this I say; I do not live in a Republican state. And live up to what ideas exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Can we organise a coup d'etat instead.Throw out the Government and take over the country.We can make the Pedobear the president and do loads of crazy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

grasshopa wrote: »
    OK I'm out. Ya mad Nazi bastard.
    Great, enjoy paying double the taxes to cover the non contributory pensions of lifers in the public sector so, while the country languishes under an ever increasing amount of debt.

If organisations feel it is within their mandate to threaten the well being of the nation in the name of their already grossly inflated pay cheques, then any and all steps should be taken to ensure that these organisations are no longer an issue.

End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Just one small point. We have to make certain that afterwards, with the possibility of the usual civil war breaking out, the "others" won't be able to finance one. There will have to be a period of internment when the dissenters will be fed a diet of water and pork-chop burgers, or PCBs for short.

This will prevent history repeating itself by preventing the same **** from running the show again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I will join in on a march. I went to Saturdays march, was great to see teachers/headmasters/parents out on a very cold day.

I personally cannot wait until the local FF councillor knocks on my door asking for my vote. But that won't happen for a while.

I will march to show my disgust at the government for the current handling of affairs. I know we are in a recession and everything but the government needs to do better than to squeeze us for every cent we have.

This is the internet though....how do I know it's really gonna happen. Sure anyone can post about a rally...

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I will join in on a march. I went to Saturdays march, was great to see teachers/headmasters/parents out on a very cold day.

I personally cannot wait until the local FF councillor knocks on my door asking for my vote. But that won't happen for a while.

I will march to show my disgust at the government for the current handling of affairs. I know we are in a recession and everything but the government needs to do better than to squeeze us for every cent we have.

This is the internet though....how do I know it's really gonna happen. Sure anyone can post about a rally...
    And anyone did post a rant about a rally.

Here's the thing.
    I didn't think this through properly.

I recieved a few PMs regarding this and there has been plenty of people offering their support through various means.

This support have been very welcome and it has lead me to believe that it would not be viable to hold this rally (not a march, I'll get to that later) until some time in early to mid January.

I intend to find out which days (if any) the Dail will be sitting in January and will plan around those days accordingly.

What I do not want is people with a specific political agenda.
    I do not want anyone tied to any political party to take part in this.
    This is not a FG, Labour, Workers Party, SF rally.
    This is not a pro-government parties rally.
    This is not an anti or pro immigration rally.

This is a rally for the average person on the street.

The person who knows they have been screwed over time and again by the current government.
    The person who feels their taxes are being wasted on pointless government junkets.
    The person who feels that their taxes are being wasted on pointless bureaucrats and bureaucratic nonsense.
    The person who knows their taxes should be better used in valid investments in this country and not blown on pointless artwork, when it can be better spent on road infrastructure.

Regards the march thing, I do not believe that disrupting cities and towns around the country will achieve anything other than annoy those trying to get on with their day to day business.

What I want is for people to gather outside their local council offices and, if possible, the Dail.

I want people to stand up and voice their dissent at the government and let them know that we will no longer stand for pointless bureaucracy.
    That we will no longer support a government who allow their predecessors to get away with corruption.
    That we will no longer stand for a government which turns a blind eye to the plight to the everyday person.

We demand a government which lives up to its election promises.
    One which is answerable to the electorate.
    One which will answer up to misappropriated funds and not point fingers at others.
    One which will take responsibility for its mistakes.

Also, a podium and PA system would be nice, if anyone can provide one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

pinder wrote: »
    if it saves my sausages id show up

you are the one who needs to be saved by the cancerous sausages we were allowed consume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

please watch a german film "Die Welle" (The Wave) it's about how revolutions can always happen and anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

terry, you can count me in if your serious about it, i will gladly take a day off from what im doing to attend

Thank you.
    Yes, I am serious.

We have about a month to plan this properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

excellent, I will also offer the use of a PA system, albeit not a great one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Count me in. We could all bring a lump of sh*t and wave it on a stick to protest at the absolute sh*t leadership we are currently seeing, or possibly everyone could leave the lump of **** that they brought, on the ground outside Leinster House to protest. Every protest needs its own prop, the farmers always use sheep...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pinder

metalfest wrote: »
    you are the one who needs to be saved by the cancerous sausages we were allowed consume.

and how are these sausages going to save me?and what does that post evenn mean?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'm on board, so long as somebody makes an awesome logo out of us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Just curious, of you people who are protesting, how many of you voted in the last general election?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement