Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fifa 2009 League Results [Gameweek 4]

• 07-12-2008 12:57am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This thread is for the posting of gameweek 4 results. Gameweek 4 will consist of 6 matches.

It seems that we have a few players who have dropped behind in the number of games played. Therefore, I am having a get together for Fifa players starting 8pm this THURSDAY night. Get online, and start playing people!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Two Week 4 games played, and two great games they were too...

Mordant Shaun 7 - 3 CKWPORT
    Man U V Chelsea

BATESY2007 2 - 7 CKWPORT
    Liverpool V Chelsea

GT: The Batman IRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

FutureGuy wrote: »
    This thread is for the posting of gameweek 4 results. Gameweek 4 will consist of 6 matches.

It seems that we have a few players who have dropped behind in the number of games played. Therefore, I am having a get together for Fifa players starting 8pm this THURSDAY night. Get online, and start playing people!

My xbox is still away for repair....

Repair status from friday gone says its on its way back so hopefully il get it this week and catch up on the games ive missed......

Its like cold turkey without fifa :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

and i'll be back wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Bubs101 0 - 0 LivelyJojo

How this game was goaless I'll never know, atrocious finishing from both sides

Bubs101 2 - 0 Bennycon

Although I got into this far more in the second half, Bennycon was effectively robbed. He absolutely dominated the first half, was barely in the game.

That's me finished for the week. Raced ahead so I could give myself time until Monday night

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys, don't think I wont omit unsporting people from future leagues who think they can get away with blatant attampts to take out the last man. I'll listen to both sides of each complaint, but when people are stupid enough to do it to me, they are looking for trouble. Take one of my recent games...

At a critical time in the game, not only does one of his defenders try to take me out, but a second one does aswell. It wasn't even a close thing. One on one with goal keeper and 2 defenders were 2-3 yards behind.

You know who you are. You have 3 other complaints against you. Cop on or look elsewhere next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

R0nBurgundee 0 Reganovski 1
    R0nBurgundee 6 DeliveranceXXV 0
    R0nBurgundee 2 livelyjojo 0

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

DJ DigitalMoose 1-6 Garak001
    Man U v Man U

Biggest defeat for me since I got the game!

Towellers 2-4 DJ DigitalMoose
    Arsenal v Man U

Mr Moon wrote: »
    DJ DigitalMoose 1-6 Garak001
    Man U v Man U

Biggest defeat for me since I got the game!

Most flattering scoreline of the season. You dominated for 75 minutes, and it was one of those games that everything I hit went it. You didn't deserve to lose, nevermind concede 6 :)

Great game, plenty opportinities to take the last man down and neither of us did :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Great game, plenty opportinities to take the last man down and neither of us did :cool:

That's not my style man :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

MackerelMan 2 Marshjem 5
    MackerelMan 2 Rainyface 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

If its not too late to join then I'm up for it , ill be on Thursday night but anyone can add me

GT: nedrick125

NedTermo wrote: »
    If its not too late to join then I'm up for it , ill be on Thursday night but anyone can add me

GT: nedrick125

Hi, Unfortunately, the league is closed. However, look out for a sign up sheet for next year which I'll be posting soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Seany834 5 - 2 Reganovski

What a game really enjoyed that my first 3 goals where bizarre the first was a crazy og :D

P W L F A
    8 4 4 14 15

Not sure of my goal difference *edit* looked back at previous posts

Futureguy 4-3 Seany834

Game of the season for me, I was shaking at the end. It's still a blur, so Seany can correct me if the details are incorrect.

Went 2-0 up early on only for Seany to level things at 2-2 before half time. With 30 mins to go, Torres makes it 3-2. Being resigned to a defeat, I was already formulating my congratulatory message in my head when Tevez broke free and made it 3-3 with minutes remaining. And right at the death, Berbatov shook off his marker to slot past Reina for an unlikely win.

I was jumping up and down in my living room :rolleyes:

Anyone wanting to learn how to play as Liverpool should contact Seany! He looked like scoring with every chance.

I love this game :D

Futureguy 4-3 Seany834

Game of the season for me, I was shaking at the end. It's still a blur, so Seany can correct me if the details are incorrect.

Went 2-0 up early on only for Seany to level things at 2-2 before half time. With 30 mins to go, Torres makes it 3-2. Being resigned to a defeat, I was already formulating my congratulatory message in my head when Tevez broke free and made it 3-3 with minutes remaining. And right at the death, Berbatov shook off his marker to slot past Reina for an unlikely win.

Anyone wanting to learn how to play as Liverpool should contact Seany! He looked like scoring with every chance.

I love this game :D

Cheers for the compliment mate I really enjoyed the game, nearly threw the controller out the window at the end :D Thought i was gonna get a last gasp equalizer even after you took the lead but it wasn't to be.

!!ROBBED BLIND!! :D

P W D L F A
    9 4 0 5 17 19

Was doing the exact opposite.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Irish Wolverine 0 - 4 Future Guy (Garak)
    Irish Wolverine 1 - 1 Digital Moose
    Irish Wolverine 5 - 2 Garbal
    Irish Wolverine 2 - 0 LivelyJo

Yessss.....I finally got my xbox back from microsoft...And working :D

Anyway I've a lot of catching up to do...

Mister Robanson 6-2 BATESY2007
    Mister Robanson 8-0 endakenny

Batesy was 2-0 up and i really did think i was going to lose...Ended up scoring 6 :D

enda was'nt to please after i slotted 8 past him...

P/W/D/L/Pts
    8/5/1/2/16

Yessss.....I finally got my xbox back from microsoft...And working :D

Anyway I've a lot of catching up to do...

Mister Robanson 6-2 BATESY2007
    Mister Robanson 8-0 endakenny

Batesy was 2-0 up and i really did think i was going to lose...Ended up scoring 6 :D

enda was'nt to please after i slotted 8 past him...

P/W/D/L/Pts
    8/5/1/2/16

There should be a good few players on tonight after work. I'll be on before 8 for a few games.

Can only go on from 9pm onwards....Im in work atm lol:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

CKWPORT 2 - 3 Knackerdwarf
    Chelsea V Inter

Not a really as close as the score suggests, he was by far the better player and went 3 up, and i managed to get 2 back near the end...

Good Game!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I should be back by tomorrow night, with a temporary fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'm on now for a good while, BassmanMurph85 for any of you that havent added me and want a game

CKWPORT wrote: »
    CKWPORT 2 - 3 Knackerdwarf
    Chelsea V Inter

Not a really as close as the score suggests, he was by far the better player and went 3 up, and i managed to get 2 back near the end...

Good Game!

Good game and good comeback of sorts! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Its saying I cant connect to the EA servers cos I need to be signed into Xbox Live, yet I am signed into Live!

Knackerdwarf 1 - 2 Seany834

So pissed off. It was 2 - 1 as above and 79 minutes into the game. I thru ball and running clear in on the keeper and he takes me out from behind for a straight red card. Fúcking cheating of the highest order.

Enjoy your win seany you bollox.

m83 wrote: »
    Knackerdwarf 1 - 2 Seany834

So pissed off. It was 2 - 1 as above and 79 minutes into the game. I thru ball and running clear in on the keeper and he takes me out from behind for a straight red card. Fúcking cheating of the highest order.

Enjoy your win seany you bollox.

Ok I wasn't going to say anything on here but that annoys me. You spent the first half taking me down every time I beat you with a player, not to mention showboating with your keeper which your entitled to do but personally ive no time for, Oh and not to mention the messages I got off you at the end of the game.

I know I was in the wrong and I appologised to you so no need to post in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I don't see why people complain about tactical fouling. It happens all the time in real football and this is a football simulator. Most defenders who couldn't catch a striker clean through but could hack him down in the death would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

Kncakerdwarf you are the dirtiest player i've played so stop moaning!!

When i went 3-1 up, you just started hacking down all my players!!!

You got about 6 yellows and a red! Pot,kettle,black!!

knackerdwarf 1 - 5 Mordant Shaun

bassmanmurph 1 -4 mordant shaun

very good game agaimst bassmanmurph. Was 1-0 down for ages, but managed to get a few in the end!!

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I don't see why people complain about tactical fouling. It happens all the time in real football and this is a football simulator. Most defenders who couldn't catch a striker clean through but could hack him down in the death would.

No it doesn't happen all the time or there'd be 8-10 red cards each week in the Premier League.

As a United fan, I can remember only one instance of a United player taking a guy out 1 on 1 with no intention of getting the ball, and that Was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer years ago and it was on the final day of the season when United were looking like losing the title. lets compare the differences...

In Fifa, in the 65th minute, you take a guy out with no intention of getting the ball while 2-1 up in order to keep your lead. He gets sent off. You are down to 10 men for 2-3 real-world minutes and you can change formation and keep the ball. There are no repercussions.

In real-life, in the 65th minute, you take a guy out with no intention of getting the ball while 2-1 up in order to keep your lead. He gets sent off. You are down to 10 men for 25 real-world minutes and you try to hang on to your lead. Your sent off player gets a 3-game ban.

Massive difference.

• Advertisement

Stats:

19 complaints about 9 different players regarding deliberately taking out the last man when he is through on goals.

4 complaints about 4 different players quitting the game early.

13 complaints about 8 different players regarding miscellaneous unsportsmanlike behaviour.

I have two players already that will not be invited next year. I am very close to adding a third player to that list. If I see no other offences regarding these players, I will reconsider them. If I hear more complaints, they will have to find another league.

Sorry guys, but if I didn't take action, the league would be a total farce.

Advertisement