Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fifa 2009 League Results [Gameweek 4]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I think this whole last man thing is such a grey area.

I mean with all the players on here giving out about the last man being fouled it actually makes you feel guilty to even atempt a last ditch challenge! I mean sometimes you know you not going to catch the striker in a foot race but may have a chance with the slide tackle to nick the ball off him.

I agree taking the last man out from behind when he already past you is not on but I still think players have the right to try and win the ball.

As I said it's a grey area and everyone probably has a different opinion on what was a genuine atempt to win the ball and what was a blatent foul.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Batesy wrote: »
    I think this whole last man thing is such a grey area.

I mean with all the players on here giving out about the last man being fouled it actually makes you feel guilty to even atempt a last ditch challenge! I mean sometimes you know you not going to catch the striker in a foot race but may have a chance with the slide tackle to nick the ball off him.

I agree taking the last man out from behind when he already past you is not on but I still think players have the right to try and win the ball.

As I said it's a grey area and everyone probably has a different opinion on what was a genuine atempt to win the ball and what was a blatent foul.

Agreed, but there is a fair attempt to get the ball, and there is a tackle from 2-3 yards directly behind the striker that has no chance of getting the ball and is ONLY designed to stop the scoring attempt.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Stats:

19 complaints about 9 different players regarding deliberately taking out the last man when he is through on goals.

4 complaints about 4 different players quitting the game early.

13 complaints about 8 different players regarding miscellaneous unsportsmanlike behaviour.

I have two players already that will not be invited next year. I am very close to adding a third player to that list. If I see no other offences regarding these players, I will reconsider them. If I hear more complaints, they will have to find another league.

Sorry guys, but if I didn't take action, the league would be a total farce.

36 complaints!!!!!!!

Jesus lads.

36 complaints!!!!!!!

Jesus lads.

I'd expect this in a regular league where noone has any contact with the other members, not a league set up for a forum where people chat every day.

I'd expect this in a regular league where noone has any contact with the other members, not a league set up for a forum where people chat every day.

You're right but surely it's not that bad?!? 36 complaints! :confused:

I think some of the players may need to grow a pair and just get on with it rather than filing complaints to you FutureGuy.

• Advertisement

Stats:
    I have two players already that will not be invited next year. I am very close to adding a third player to that list. If I see no other offences regarding these players, I will reconsider them. If I hear more complaints, they will have to find another league.

Sorry guys, but if I didn't take action, the league would be a total farce.

And guys, no PM's saying "did you ban me". If you are thinking of asking me, theres a good chance you need to clean up your game.

You're right but surely it's not that bad?!? 36 complaints! :confused:

I think some of the players may need to grow a pair and just get on with it rather than filing complaints to you FutureGuy.

36 complaints from the public boards as well as from PMs. If I let people get away with it, everyone is going to use it and we all might as well be playing Tekken or some other beat'em up.

On the contrary, I am encouraging people to complain about such players. It will help me to create a better league next year.

All I'm saying is I've played 17 games and never felt the need to complain about anyone.

I have had about 20 games. One guy spent the game trying to take everyone of my players out. Another guy was at the last man thing.

That means 18 players who I have had great games against.

Few giving a bad name to everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya, i have played 18 games, and only 3 of them were games that were dirty, one lad had 4 yellows and a red, and he was winning by a good margin, so there was no need for that craic!!!!

I didnt report any of them, i just removed them from the friends list, cause i wont be playing any "friendlies" against lads like that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

CKWPORT wrote: »
    removed them from the friends list, cause i wont be playing any "friendlies" against lads like that...

Massive +1, no point in having guys who act the twat during a game on the friends list, as its unlikely I'll ever want to play against them again.

I've had around 18 games or so, but only had around 3 guys (one was Soby who isn't in the league any more) who I didn't enjoy playing against..

Not bad really. I think its best to post any gripes here though, no point in hiding behind a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

36 complaints from the public boards as well as from PMs. If I let people get away with it, everyone is going to use it and we all might as well be playing Tekken or some other beat'em up.

On the contrary, I am encouraging people to complain about such players. It will help me to create a better league next year.

Jasus 36 complaints??

Where as bad as managers against referees :D:pac:

As a United fan, I can remember only one instance of a United player taking a guy out 1 on 1 with no intention of getting the ball, and that Was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer years ago and it was on the final day of the season when United were looking like losing the title. lets compare the differences...

I was at that game, it wasn't the last game of the season, but it around April I'd say.

To be fair, he is the only person I've ever seen getting a standing ovation for getting sent off. If United didn't win, we were falling well behind in the title race and he sacrificed himself for the good of the team.

This is the only instance of taking out the last man IRL, and it hardly equates to taking out the last man in a game of FIFA, its supposed to be about skill, not who can take out the last man before he gets to score. It's a scumbag tactic.

36 complaints..some were a little over the top, but many seemed warranted.

As I said, 2 players are off the list, 1 is nearly off the list and another is being watched closely. I cannot stand by and let people ruin the league for others.

As for the last man, it a sign of lasy defending imho. "No need to position players, track men back or put pressure on them to force them out wide, sure if they get past my defense, I'll just take 'em out."

In all my games, I have only been in the position of an opponent going 1-1 with the keeper about 5 times. 2 were goals, 2 were saved and one was a button mispress.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

You might as well post here who the people are...
    Personally I'd like to know before I play em!

Rainyface wrote: »
    You might as well post here who the people are...
    Personally I'd like to know before I play em!

It would be interesting to see who had complaints against them and what they were for (even if you don't post who actually made it - that way it would stop the rows and personal attacks!)

Out of interests sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Ill admit I took a man down In the last game so id say I was reported for that but ive done it once out of 10 games, felt bad about it after it happened and appologised. So no need to worry about playing me.

i did it once too in a game, it wasnt one on one though, there were a few players out side the box fighting for the ball and it was a button mispress....

I was trying to clear the ball, thinking i had it, i didnt, so instead of kicking it out, i slide tackled him and got a man sent off...

CKWPORT wrote: »
    i did it once too in a game, it wasnt one on one though, there were a few players out side the box fighting for the ball and it was a button mispress....

You conceded 13 against me and not once did you take a man out, so if anyone has any worries about you taking last men out...they really shouldn't!

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    You conceded 13 against me and not once did you take a man out, so if anyone has any worries about you taking last men out...they really shouldn't!

Cheers, i had nearly forgotten about that thrashing too....

• Advertisement

Seany834 3-2 Batsey2007

Great game a mistake from his keeper separated the sides.

So Far..

P W D L F A Pts.
    11 6 0 5 22 22 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

MackerelMan 2 Marshjem 5
    MackerelMan 2 Rainyface 1
    MackerelMan 1 Greenhawk88 5
    MackerelMan 1 Seany834 3
    MackerelMan 4 Mister Robanson 5
    MackerelMan 3 BassmanMurph85 10

P6 W1 L5 D0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I hate miss pressing a button when I'm one on one with the keeper :o

Seany834 1-1 The Batman IRL
    (Liv)vs(Che)
    Good game went 1-0 down and got a draw which I was happy with but had chances to win it which I didn't take.

Seany834 3-1 Mackeral Man
    (Liv)vs(ManU)
    Great game went 1-0 down again and battled back to get a goal each for Nando and Keane + a last min pen for Gerrard.

P W L D F A PTS
    13 7 5 1 26 22 22

When will the league table be posted?

BassmanMurph85 4 - 0 The Batman IRL

I'm still way behind on games but I'm going to do my best to continue catching up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

My XBox got knocked over while fifa disk was running, so I am offline until I get another copy . Should be back in action by the end of the week.

tag bennycon

Would it be easier for everyone to list who they have left to play and then try and arrange matches from there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Left to play :

RichieMUFC
    Marshjem
    Greenhawk88
    Garball1
    Dj DigitalMoose
    Ron Burgendee
    Towellers
    The Dunne
    Bassmanmurph85
    Reganovski
    Stevo Port
    Bennycon
    Rainyface
    Livelyjojo
    Deliverence XXV
    Lenigma

16 Games left :eek: No one is ever on....Well when i can get on that is :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'll be on tonight mate. Send me an invite.
    Left to play :

RichieMUFC
    Marshjem
    Greenhawk88
    Garball1
    Dj DigitalMoose
    Ron Burgendee
    Towellers
    The Dunne
    Bassmanmurph85
    Reganovski
    Stevo Port
    Bennycon
    Rainyface
    Livelyjojo
    Deliverence XXV
    Lenigma

16 Games left :eek: No one is ever on....Well when i can get on that is :(

• Advertisement

2 to 3 on that list have RROD problems or can't get their system online. A good deal of the others are regular enough players.

To find out what players you need to play against, you can go to the league standing screen, click on a player and send a game invite...it will say if you have played that person already.

I'll make it on later (10 pm-11 pm).

I reckon that we aim to meet up from 8 pm onwards every night. Should get a good number of games played.

Advertisement