Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fifa 2009 League Results [Gameweek 4]

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I was on last night and no one was around!! :(

I'm way behind in my games now!! Going to make a big push this week to play them, so I'll be on most nights to get them finished!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

On the standings screen it if you scroll across, where it says "Games Left", its 1 if you still have to play the guy, its 0 if you don't.

I'm on the last mission in GTA now, so I'll be back to my Fifa addiction after I finish that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I will be on tonight after 8 for an hour or 2 if anyone is on for a game, I will also post the list of who i have left to play tonight too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    On the standings screen it if you scroll across, where it says "Games Left", its 1 if you still have to play the guy, its 0 if you don't.

I'm on the last mission in GTA now, so I'll be back to my Fifa addiction after I finish that.

Ah! I was wondering what that was for!!! Thanks!

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »

That was wrecking my head, now I know what it's for :D

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    That was wrecking my head, now I know what it's for :D

Oops, I would have posted it sooner if I had of realised people didn't know what it meant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

Mordant Shaun 3 - 2 Greenhawk

Some people take this league way too seriously!!! :rolleyes:

I was 2 down at half-time and then a Ronaldo second half hat-trick won it for me.

Greenhawk hacked down a player clean through towards the end and had a man sent off and after when i sent a message saying good game i got no reply!!!

Tis only a silly game lads!!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Are gameweek 5 matches going ahead if you have played all your gamweek 4 ones?

keen wrote: »
    Are gameweek 5 matches going ahead if you have played all your gamweek 4 ones?

Yes, fire away, people can post them here as many people would be posting what would be their GW 3 games.

I just want to finish this league, get the new one sorted and start anew. I've learned alot about running leagues, I know who to invite and, most importantly, what doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Skippy65

cadogs wrote: »
    Mordant Shaun 3 - 2 Greenhawk

Some people take this league way too seriously!!! :rolleyes:

I was 2 down at half-time and then a Ronaldo second half hat-trick won it for me.

Greenhawk hacked down a player clean through towards the end and had a man sent off and after when i sent a message saying good game i got no reply!!!

Tis only a silly game lads!!!:confused:

I would have replied if I knew it would hurt your feelings if I didnt!
    To be fair i tried to win the ball with that tackle, as I did the other countless times you just ran with Ronaldo from the half way line (as im sure anyone else here that played you knows what I mean). The only difference is that one was a bit late. Anyone else that played me here knows that im not a dirty player. And are you not the person that quit against Marshjem when you were 5-0 down? Pot, kettle and black are words that come to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'm on now for a few games. Players I have left to play:

RichieMUFC
    GREENHAWK88
    Knackerdwarf
    Dj DigitalMoose
    Bubs180
    Mister Robanson
    Seany834
    Irish Wolverine
    Deliverance XXV
    Dave7G
    BATESY2007
    Lenigma
    endakenny

Left to play:

DJ DigitalMoose
    Greenhawk 88
    The Dunne
    Marshjem
    Bubs180
    Lenigma
    endakenny

Skippy65 wrote: »
    I would have replied if I knew it would hurt your feelings if I didnt!
    To be fair i tried to win the ball with that tackle, as I did the other countless times you just ran with Ronaldo from the half way line (as im sure anyone else here that played you knows what I mean). The only difference is that one was a bit late. Anyone else that played me here knows that im not a dirty player. And are you not the person that quit against Marshjem when you were 5-0 down? Pot, kettle and black are words that come to mind.

Ha, ha sore loser or what!!!! All aboard the Ronaldo bandwagon!!!! :rolleyes:

I duly noted on this very site that i made an error in judgement of playing a game while i was drunk against Marshjem so therefore don't have too explain that!!!

Your tears just make me stronger!! :pac:

Will be on at 1030ish hopefully...depending on my connection, i'm up for a few games.

Got a few games played tonight

DJ DigitalMoose 5-1 The Dunne
    DJ DigitalMoose 6-2 Reganovski
    DJ DigitalMoose 3-0 The Batman IRL
    DJ DigitalMoose 2-1 Livelyjojo

4 nice wins for me put me up to 4th in the league :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Gameweek 5

MackerelMan 1 Reganovski 4

My connection died after half time so I sent Reganovski a message asking did he want to leave the result at what it was when the game ended and he agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Skippy65

cadogs wrote: »
    Ha, ha sore loser or what!!!! All aboard the Ronaldo bandwagon!!!! :rolleyes:

I duly noted on this very site that i made an error in judgement of playing a game while i was drunk against Marshjem so therefore don't have too explain that!!!

Your tears just make me stronger!! :pac:

Your right it is only a game so theres no need for pettiness. I apologise for my part. It shouldnt overshadow the fact that it was a close game and in fairness by focusing on ronaldo i didnt do the rest of your play justice.

Skippy65 wrote: »
    Your right it is only a game so theres no need for pettiness. I apologise for my part. It shouldnt overshadow the fact that it was a close game and in fairness by focusing on ronaldo i didnt do the rest of your play justice.

Ya man, no bother at all!!

Appologies about the jibe at the end of my last comment but i was just having a bit of banter!

Great game all the same and best of luck with your remaining games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

keen wrote: »
    Gameweek 5

MackerelMan 1 Reganovski 4

My connection died after half time so I sent Reganovski a message asking did he want to leave the result at what it was when the game ended and he agreed.

Sorry Mackerel, forgot to put question marks with my response. Could we have continued from where we were? I didn't think u could, if we couldve I wouldve been up for that!

Two scoreless draws for me last night against 2 very good players. I'm happy to take 2 points from these fixtures.

The lag didn't help the flow of either game. Knackerdwarf's Inter played me off the field for most of it and it would have been a travesty had I snatched a late Berbatov goal. Ron Burgendee's Barcelona played a great defensive game, but I don't think either of us threatened the other too much.

I'm thinking I may scrape into the Premier League, but I need better performances in my remaining games.

• Advertisement

I'd like to get a little feedback from people on a few things. Please PM me the answers or post here. While I'm happy with the following, I'd like to hear everyones opinion.

1) The games currently last 7 mins a side. While I do not wish to decrease the length, would you like to see longer games? If so, how long?

2) We are currently playing 5-6 league games per week. With a proper fixture list in place at the start of the season, do you feel that we can maintain this pace? It is my opinion that we play 3 league games per week, in addition to any other competitions being run in tandem with the league (league cup, divisional cup etc).

3) The idea has always been to have 2 leagues of 14-16 teams. Do people wish to play each other once or twice?

4) I am planning for a season to run approximately 9 weeks? How does that sound?

Meh, I would do this in a PM, but.....
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    1) The games currently last 7 mins a side. While I do not wish to decrease the length, would you like to see longer games? If so, how long?

7 per side is perfect. Its not too short and its not too long. The longer each game runs the higher the chance of someone losing connection and the league table not being very accurate. 7 is long enough for someone having a bad game to sort themselves out, without dragging on too long.
    2) We are currently playing 5-6 league games per week. With a proper fixture list in place at the start of the season, do you feel that we can maintain this pace? It is my opinion that we play 3 league games per week, in addition to any other competitions being run in tandem with the league (league cup, divisional cup etc).

With fixtures, 3 is fine. That would be around ~15 mins per game, three times per week, give around another 15 mins for waiting for opponents to come online, that around an hour per week not including cups. Thats loads, as some weeks people may be busy some weeks and have less times, etc. Don't want it to become a chore...
    3) The idea has always been to have 2 leagues of 14-16 teams. Do people wish to play each other once or twice?

Once. Twice is a lot of hassle, and the more the league drags on, the more people may lose interest.
    4) I am planning for a season to run approximately 9 weeks? How does that sound?

Savage!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Same answers for me as above

I agree with the above also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Two scoreless draws for me last night against 2 very good players. I'm happy to take 2 points from these fixtures.

The lag didn't help the flow of either game. Knackerdwarf's Inter played me off the field for most of it and it would have been a travesty had I snatched a late Berbatov goal. Ron Burgendee's Barcelona played a great defensive game, but I don't think either of us threatened the other too much.

I'm thinking I may scrape into the Premier League, but I need better performances in my remaining games.

Probably the first time I've ever played well defensively, so sorry about that! I couldn't find a way to get behind your defense so nil-nil was probably the best I could have got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I agree with all Y2J's answers but for question 2 I would suggest we play more than 3 fixtures in weeks 1 and 2 because it might take more than a week to get you're last 3 or 4 games played because you might not be able to get online at the same time as your opponent. So if we play more games at the start it will make up for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

BassmanMurph85 1 - 0 Dave7G
    BassmanMurph85 3 - 1 IrishWolverine

I also agree with the above answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Wouldn't mind joining this when the new league ocmes about if spaces.

Completely lost interest in FIFA. This may get it back :D

• Advertisement

Another suggestion if I may...just to pick up on what Mika said....

How about we extend the season by one week at the end. This week could be solely used to catch up on any games you may have missed out on.

(ie: Someone was on holidays for the week in Southern Yemen and they couldn't get online to play you - this game then gets moved to the final "extra" week of the season - just PM the league admin to inform them)

That also saves hassle for whoever is making up the fixtures. By default any missed game goes to the last week, there's no saying:

"Right you two, you missed your game last week, play it next week instead", "but I can't play next week you hairy bollocks...." on a case by case basis, which would be a pain in the hole....

Advertisement