Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fifa 2009 League Results [Gameweek 4]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Games played (Finally)

Mister Robanson 7 - 1 Towllers
    Mister Robanson 5 - 1 Garball
    Mister Robanson 5 - 2 Livelyjojo
    Mister Robanson 9 - 5 The Dunne
    Mister Robanson 8 - 1 Reganovski
    Mister Robanson 3 - 1 Marshjem
    Mister Robanson 6 -2 DJ DigitalMoose
    Mister Robanson 9 -2 Deliverance XXV

8 Win streak :D

P/W/L/D/P
    19/14/1/4/43

2nd....Was 15th lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

Games played (Finally)

P/W/L/D/P
    19/14/1/4/43

Thats quite a productive night indeed!!! :eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Technically I'm still second (well when you beat me you will rightfully have the spot :o ) because of the Soby incident...I'm missing one win that I should have :o

Quite a productive night is absolutely right!!!! Fair play

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Left to play...

Garball
    The Dunne
    Bubs
    Deliverance XXV
    Lenigma
    endakelly

RichieMUFC 7-0 Towellers
    Manchester United vs Arsenal

I was lucky....very lucky... at least 3 of my goals were very poxy, and he had plenty of shots, nearly scoring an unreal volley/bicycle kick too! I was sh!te...need some practice after so long away from Fifa playing GTA. Good game.

To play:
    Mordant Shaun
    Mister Robanson
    marshjem
    Knackerdwarf
    GREENHAWK 99
    BassmanMurph85
    Seany834
    Lenigma
    endakenny

Does those last two lads actually play games? They've only played four each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I have to buy the bloody game again to get back into the league, does anyone know where the cheapest is. I paid 35 euro launch day in tesco. It would kill me to pay full price now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

I think everyone has to play Enda Kenny. I have invited him to play on numberous occassions but didnt take up the invite. I also asked him whether he was going to play and i got no reply. So unless he can tell us otherwise, then I say he will never play his games.

Reganovski wrote: »
    I think everyone has to play Enda Kenny. I have invited him to play on numberous occassions but didnt take up the invite. I also asked him whether he was going to play and i got no reply. So unless he can tell us otherwise, then I say he will never play his games.

Hmmm, well I wouldnt mind the not taking up invites. Theres one guy who must have invited me 50 times, but every time he does, I'm in the middle of doing something else.... the not replying could be a problem though!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

Cracking game! Really enjoyed it. Neither of us really concentrate on the defending aspect of the game! (at least not in this game)

Great game and a great win!

Also, not sure if people complain about people bringing their keepers out. I tend to do it a lot (usually results in him getting lobbed from a mile out) but again not sure if people view it as a "dirty tactic". If they do, let me know and apologies. It's just because I normally play ultra attacking that I am left with no choice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Games played (Finally)

P/W/L/D/P
    19/14/1/4/43

Dude you have to be the best player I've ever played in this game!! I was lucky to actually score a goal let alone two and thought it would be close and I might nick a fluky draw when it was 3-2, but nothing was going well for me, I couldn't pass the ball make a run, through ball or anything! I was completely outplayed for the whole game! Fair fook's to ya!

• Advertisement

sparky360 wrote: »
    Also, not sure if people complain about people bringing their keepers out. I tend to do it a lot (usually results in him getting lobbed from a mile out) but again not sure if people view it as a "dirty tactic". If they do, let me know and apologies. It's just because I normally play ultra attacking that I am left with no choice.

I dunno about anyone else but I've no problem with people bringing out their keepers at all when someone is running through!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Left to Play:

Greenhawk 88
    Marshjem
    Bubs180
    Lenigma
    endakenny

This week so far:

DJ DigitalMoose 3-0 The Batman IRL

The Dunne 4 -1 The Batman IRL

Im forth from bottom now, and not from lack of trying!! I think if i end up bottom, i am definitely gonna pick Man U next season!! Getting well sick of Drogba never running forward...

Anyways, when are we hoping to finish up the league? I am away this weekend, so i hope to get a few games played tonight or tomorrow if those guys are online...

CKWPORT wrote: »
    I think if i end up bottom, i am definitely gonna pick Man U next season!! Getting well sick of Drogba never running forward...

Goodbye never running forward Didier Drogba...

Hello permanently offside Dimitar Berbatov...

I played some lad close to the top 1000 last night, no wonder he is so highly ranked... its very, very difficult to get through his defense, and when you do, he brings you down. He only got 2 yellows and 1 red for it too, the bollocks.

If you look at endakennys gamercard when he is online his status is always at 'Away for 50 mins' or 'Away for 4 hours'. I think the lad must never turn off his xBox, how it doesn't overheat i don't know!!

I still have to play endakenny
    Lenigma ( is he even still in the league :confused:)
    RichieMUFC
    Seany

I have no problem with the keeper coming out as well, it's a fair and legitimate tactic.

As regards next season Futureguy will it be 28 different clubs or will it just be different clubs for each league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Hello permanently offside Dimitar Berbatov...

Ah that wouldnt be too bad, its far from permanently i'd say...

I played a few games as Man U this week and i was suprised that i did way better, winning a few games against lads that usually always beat me by a good margin, so i am not trying to stir up the Man U give an unfair advantage argument again, but they are better than Chelsea who i have gotten used to playing with, and i might stand a better change against you guys with Man U i think next season.

cadogs wrote: »
    As regards next season Futureguy will it be 28 different clubs or will it just be different clubs for each league?

28 different clubs :) So if I were you, I'd be researching the 4-star teams next year :) lenigma is still having problems with the game afaik.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    28 different clubs :) So if I were you, I'd be researching the 4-star teams next year :)

Ha ha, i've already got a list of 28 teams i wouldn't mind playing with so i'll be crossing them off 1 by 1 as people are picking theirs for next season and hoping that someone maybe picks a surprise team!!

I hear West Brom are very good in FIFA 09 actually!! :pac:

Cracking game! Really enjoyed it. Neither of us really concentrate on the defending aspect of the game! (at least not in this game)

Great game and a great win!

No problems with keepers coming out! As you said, it's risky business, and the better players will lob you in a heartbeat.

cadogs wrote: »
    Ha ha, i've already got a list of 28 teams i wouldn't mind playing with so i'll be crossing them off 1 by 1 as people are picking theirs for next season and hoping that someone maybe picks a surprise team!!

I hear West Brom are very good in FIFA 09 actually!! :pac:

lol, you wont be stuch with WBA ;) Remember, all European club teams are available for selection!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Hey Futureguy,
    I understand that some people are having problems with their consoles but are making an effort and I'm sure they will finish their games. But what about those who are making no effort or contact in playing games. I think you need to put a bit of pressure on or the league will run into next year.

BTW I think 3-4 games per week going forward would be cool.

• Advertisement

moz wrote: »
    Hey Futureguy,
    I understand that some people are having problems with their consoles but are making an effort and I'm sure they will finish their games. But what about those who are making no effort or contact in playing games. I think you need to put a bit of pressure on or the league will run into next year.

Hi Moz, thanks for your concern, and I agree with your comments. Endakenna has received a message from me regarding why he is not playing games. If he has quit, its not going to bother me, as he has drawn 1 and lost 4, so it's not going to impact the league a whole lot.

I am putting pressure on people, but we have 3 players RRODs and another player who keeps freezing on the arena before a game. This is frustrating for them, and I have to give them some allowance to finish games.

I have 6 to play and will be on from 7-10 pm if any of the players below can make it?

Garball
    The Dunne
    Bubs
    Deliverance XXV
    Lenigma
    endakelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

moz wrote: »
    Hey Futureguy,

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I have 6 to play and will be on from 7-10 pm if any of the players below can make it?
    Deliverance XXV

I'll be there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Hi Moz, thanks for your concern, and I agree with your comments. Endakenna has received a message from me regarding why he is not playing games. If he has quit, its not going to bother me, as he has drawn 1 and lost 4, so it's not going to impact the league a whole lot.

I am putting pressure on people, but we have 3 players RRODs and another player who keeps freezing on the arena before a game. This is frustrating for them, and I have to give them some allowance to finish games.

Garball
    The Dunne
    Bubs
    Deliverance XXV
    Lenigma
    endakelly

Nice one, that's only fair.

I have 3 league games left to play
    Seany834
    Lenigma
    endakenny

and I too will be on from 7-10 pm if ye are about or indeed if anyone fancies a friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Garball
    The Dunne
    Bubs
    Deliverance XXV
    Lenigma
    endakelly

Unless my dad misses his flight I should be able to play around then. I'll shoot you a PM if I can't

Good stuff Bubs/Deliverance. I am expecting tough games from both of you! Both of you stand in my way of getting into the Premiership. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

Futureguy: I really wish I could be on tonight! I think I have roughly 6-7 games left. Unfortunately I will be at the Dandy fecking Warhols tonight! Not my thing at all.

I will be definitely on tomorrow for a good three hours (7-10) to get my last few games finished. Not sure if I will make it to the premiership next season. Think I stand 11th. DAMN SOCIETY MAKING MY ALCOHOLISM UNACCEPTABLE. (i've won most of my games when pished! The advantages of me seeing 22 men on my team obviously work)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I've played about 20 games and you say 3 have RROD 1 keeps freezing and endakenny isn't playing any, so I have about 3 matches to play then!!

I'll be on tonight for a while if anyone is around that I have to play!

Futureguy: I really wish I could be on tonight! I think I have roughly 6-7 games left. Unfortunately I will be at the Dandy fecking Warhols tonight! Not my thing at all.

I will be definitely on tomorrow for a good three hours (7-10) to get my last few games finished. Not sure if I will make it to the premiership next season. Think I stand 11th. DAMN SOCIETY MAKING MY ALCOHOLISM UNACCEPTABLE. (i've won most of my games when pished! The advantages of me seeing 22 men on my team obviously work)

Not a bother, tomorrow is fine!

• Advertisement

I should be on and playing games tonight aswell (at some point). I may have a few friendlies first though, so if you're up for a friendly, let me know.

I'm badly out of practice!

Advertisement