Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fifa 2009 League Results [Gameweek 4]

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I should be on and playing games tonight aswell (at some point). I may have a few friendlies first though, so if you're up for a friendly, let me know.

I'm badly out of practice!

I'll play you at about 7 in a friendly? I need to test my connection and get a quick game in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Kool, yeah, should be getting home around then. Send me on an invite sure!

I want to do some future experiementation too so it will probably result in a thumping like the last time, lol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I'll be on tonight or a few games also, i have a lot of people to play as i was late getting in and took over from Soby. I think at this stage im destined for the bottom half as i had to keep his results and now if the bottom few arent playing their games im losing out on more games which leaves me completely shafted in fairness!

Latest Results
    me vs Garak
    0 -4 (note to self dont play when come in with a few pints onboard :D)
    me vs digital moose
    1-1
    me vs garbal
    5-2
    me vs livelyjo
    2-0
    me vs Mister Robanson
    3-0 (dead on guy,the game froze with both of us sitting there at half time still in the game, he left and took the hit giving me the win)
    me vs knackerdwarf
    4-1 (hes very fond of slide tackling and got a load of yellow cards)
    me vs Bassman
    1-3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I should be on and playing games tonight aswell (at some point). I may have a few friendlies first though, so if you're up for a friendly, let me know.

I'm badly out of practice!

I'll give you a friendly tonight while I'm waiting for a game!

I could do with playing people who are better than me to get used to defending properly!!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I'll give you a friendly tonight while I'm waiting for a game!

I could do with playing people who are better than me to get used to defending properly!!

Certainly! Give me an invite when I'm on mate...

Better than you? Are you forgetting the game we had were you beat me off the park for 14 mins? lol :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I've got about 5 games left, so after 9:30 I'll be there hot off my surprise 2:0 win last night and staying out of dodge. Has anyone seen EndaKenny, and does he exist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I've got about 5 games left, so after 9:30 I'll be there hot off my surprise 2:0 win last night and staying out of dodge. Has anyone seen EndaKenny, and does he exist?

Surprise? You deserved the win mate. Piss poor finishing and slack defending on my behalf. As for Enda Kenny? I just saw him on the news bitchin about the government... Maybe that's why he doesn't have time to play games:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I reckon a March on the Dail is in order, "Kenny must finish his games", and then something about the economy.

Knackerdwarf 1-6 RichieMUFC
    Inter Milan vs Manchester United

Berbatov x3, Rooney, Anderson, Nani. He did seem to be doing quite a lot of fouling towards the end. Seemed to have a very defensive setup. Decent game, especially the first 80mins or so

Just an update...

I have invited endakenny numerous times and have sent him multiple messages, but to no avail. I have asked him if he is going to finish his games but I have received no reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Seany834 4 - 0 livelyjojo

As he said himself clinical finishing on my behalf :D

P W D L Pts
    14 8 1 5 25

Certainly! Give me an invite when I'm on mate...

Better than you? Are you forgetting the game we had were you beat me off the park for 14 mins? lol :o

Yeah, I still don't know how that happened, just one of them games!!

you beat knackerdwarf 6-1 I drew with him 1-1!!! Your results show you're better than me!

Futureguy 3 - 3 Bubs180

Great game, which I think Bubs deserved to win. With a pretty bad lag, I'm stunned that the game had 6 goals. I was 2-1 up but after he made 3 inspired substitutions (drug test results awaited!), Bubs hit back for 3-2. Just before the end, Berbatov levelled for my third draw in a row.

Well played Bubs, your play inside the penalty area was scintillating at times. I can normally play a great defensive game, but you ate me alive anytime you got within 20 years of the goal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads im away till Saturday but ill be on over the weekend looking to get in some of the games im missing out on, ive a few left so if people could check if they have to play me yet and add me as a friend or setup a match - gamertag Irish Wolverine

Especially the lads down the bottom (no looking at anyone endakenny lol)of the table that seem to have gone missing typical you go missing when i need the points but managed to play other people in the league :D

last game
    me vs bubs
    3 - 3
    Enjoyable game and he scored a cracker of a free kick, in off the post keeper couldnt get near it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I am away all weekend too, I will be on after 9 tonight for an hour or 2 to hopefully get some of my remaining games played...

I was on last night, and endakenny was the only player on that i have left to play...he didnt accept my invite anyways!

I have 2 matches left
    Lenigma
    endakenny

If either or both of you are going to be on tonight please PM with a rough idea of the time.

I'd like to get my place in next year's Championship nailed down :D.

PM and multiple Live messages sent to endakenny. He's posting regularly on other boards her. I'm sick of following up on him.

At least Soby was honest about the fact he quit the league, the silence is insulting.

moz wrote: »
    I have 2 matches left
    Lenigma
    endakenny

If either or both of you are going to be on tonight please PM with a rough idea of the time.

I'd like to get my place in next year's Championship nailed down :D.

Endakenny is ignoring everyone and lenigma is unable to play due to an issue with his console (keeps freezing on the arena screen while playing online).

Not sure, but I get the feeling you're finished with games!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Endakenny is ignoring everyone and lenigma is unable to play due to an issue with his console (keeps freezing on the arena screen while playing online).

Not sure, but I get the feeling you're finished with games!

Yeah, you could be right there. If so let me be the first to thank you for doing a great job with the league and to all 25 of those I have played, I enjoyed most of them... Except for the 10 Man U drubbings :P

I am looking forward to next season already and maybe catch a few of ye for friendlies before then.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    I was on last night, and endakenny was the only player on that i have left to play...he didnt accept my invite anyways!

Ditto, I invited him 4 times last night.

I think I'm actually playing better with Barca at the moment rather than United... they seem to be more.... flexible, I guess, especially when I'm playing bollocks.

• Advertisement

moz wrote: »
    am looking forward to next season already...

You better check for a new thread I just started :)

Ah for **** sake, I was beating marshjem (who is a savage player) 2-0 into the second half, all of the sudden the game ends and he wins 3-0.

I've had 3 losses and 2 of them have been because the connection randomly dropped. Not a hope of winning the league now, i really do feel shafted.

Record is 17-3, because of two lost connections and the Soby incident, it should be 20-1 and gearing up for a showdown with Mordant Shaun for the title. League is ruined for me. You pay for a 10mb connection and it randomly decides to drop during important games.

Ah for **** sake, I was beating marshjem (who is a savage player) 2-0 into the second half, all of the sudden the game ends and he wins 3-0.

I've had 3 losses and 2 of them have been because the connection randomly dropped. Not a hope of winning the league now, i really do feel shafted.

Record is 17-3, because of two lost connections and the Soby incident, it should be 20-1 and gearing up for a showdown with Mordant Shaun for the title. League is ruined for me. You pay for a 10mb connection and it randomly decides to drop during important games.

Have you a wireless connection. Mine is pretty slow but at least it's stable. You still have the win from Soby though :) Its just I'll add it on at the end.

Endakenny becomes the second player not to be invited to season 2. The reasons are as follows...
    1) Not answering any mails that I have sent him regarding his status in the league, both on Live and Boards PM
    2) Ignoring everyones invites to league games
    3) Received complaints of being a quitter when he was losing

It's obvious that when he gained 1 point from a possible 15, he ran like a baby. Quitting the game is one thing, ignoring everyones messages is the sign of a baby. I'm delighted not to have him playing. Endakenny, on behalf of everyone playing in the league...good bye!

So enjoy your 90 minute-games between Paraguay and Belgium. I'm sure it's exhilarating.

Players not invited to season 2
    Soby (Soby00)-(quitting from league 1)
    Bonkers (endakeny)-(reasons above)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

seany834 1 - 4 RichieMUFC

Class player couldn't get a look in!

Oh look, playing against a mate and the connection drops again. What the fcuk is this **** about? It might happen once per evening, or sometimes once per week, but every damn time its when I'm playing Xbox Live.

No point in having a 10mb line if it costs me games left, right and center. Its wired btw.

It usually happens once per night (it drops for like 2-3 seconds, but thats enough for me to lose connection on a game - like someone plugging out the wire of my xbox for a split second and then putting it back in).

I've sent their customer service an email saying sort it out or I'm moving ISP. What a load of cock, in fairness. Work so hard to win games and I'm done over. I could have gutted someone when it happened. Once is bad luck, twice is taking the whiz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

This used to happen me a lot form Eircom on PES6. It was bugging the sh1t out of me at one point 5 games in a row. Then I ran a ping to a random website from the PC and it helped to keep the connection up. I dont know if this was a fix or just luck but worth a try.

No one online last night :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

marshjem 3 - 0 The Batman IRL
    MAN U V Chelsea

He is damn good player, and i was lucky he didnt win by a way bigger margin than that....

There was a few panicky off the post moments with me desperately trying to clear the ball!!

A good game!

I have 3 games left (not including endakenny)

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    Although I set a date of this Friday for the completion of the league, it has always been my intention to give a final week for people to get their games finished. So I need everyone to do to the following to ensure that we can have the most accurate final standing possible.

Go to the league screen and make a list of the opponents that have a "1" in the "Games left" column...they are the players you still have to play. Post the list on boards and start PM'ing people to arrange those final games.

Remember, unless you have a good excuse, I can't invite people next year unless you have attempted to finish as many games as possible. There are a few players with about 10-12 games played from who we have heard nothing from in weeks.

Advertisement