Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 quick questions

Options
  • 07-12-2008 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

1) On my exam timetable there's 2 seperate exam centres. For my exam on Monday it says I'm in the 'RDS Industries Hall', Anglesea Road and for the rest I'm in the main RDS hall.

Could someone tell how far apart these are and where exactly they are?

2) I'll be gettin the 10 bus from outside trinity heading towards UCD, where have I to get off to get to these places?

If yee havn't suspected already tis my first set of exams there, cheers for the help:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

SRFC90 wrote: »
    1) On my exam timetable there's 2 seperate exam centres. For my exam on Monday it says I'm in the 'RDS Industries Hall', Anglesea Road and for the rest I'm in the main RDS hall.

Could someone tell how far apart these are and where exactly they are?

2) I'll be gettin the 10 bus from outside trinity heading towards UCD, where have I to get off to get to these places?

If yee havn't suspected already tis my first set of exams there, cheers for the help:)

1. Right beside each other.
    2. Get the 7, stops outside the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

1. Right beside each other.
    2. Get the 7, stops outside the door.

Can I get the 7 from outside trinity on the same road the 10 comes along??

Can I get the 7 from outside trinity on the same road the 10 comes along??

I can't actually remember but it goes along O Connell street anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 archplanner

Get the 7, 4 or 4A from the next stop up from the 10 stop outside Trinity. They all drop off across the road from the RDS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Alternatively you can get the 7 from O'Connell bridge. A word of warning that it's not as often as the 10, can be a bit of a pain/worry if you get into town 40 minutes before the exam and realize it's not due for another 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Or get a DART to Sandymount station, 5 minutes walk from there. See also RDS Location for maps of where each hall is. Your first stop when you arrive at the RDS will be Shelbourne Hall, where they post the seat assignments, before you go in to either exam hall.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bearded1

The Number 4/4a is your friend, very regular and stops on Nassau Street same stop as No.10 afaik. Either way the most of bus stops there have been replaced with the newer stops that list the buses that stop there a lot clearer.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=4

also, if you're wondering where any bus in dublin goes:
    http://www.mkmap.com/dublin

Cheers lads, so I'm looking at the 4/4a or the 7 from the same road as trinners? Lovely.

How long does said journey take (ie how much time should I be leaving myself?)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Cheers lads, so I'm looking at the 4/4a or the 7 from the same road as trinners? Lovely.

How long does said journey take (ie how much time should I be leaving myself?)
    Whatever anyone tells you... triple it. That bus can take just 10 minutes to get from Trinity to Ballsbridge, but I would personally be at the bus stop at least an hour before the exam. Dr. Murphy just loves to play games with people taking exams... :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement

bnt wrote: »
    Whatever anyone tells you... triple it. That bus can take just 10 minutes to get from Trinity to Ballsbridge, but I would personally be at the bus stop at least an hour before the exam. Dr. Murphy just loves to play games with people taking exams... :o

Sounds like you speaking from experience, thanks!

Whats this whole thing I hear about going somewhere before entering the exam hall to find where I'm sitting or is that be inside the building itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

There's multiple boards inside the waiting/study hall which has your name and seat number on it, just take it down and know which hall you're exam is in

Jev/N wrote: »
    There's multiple boards inside the waiting/study hall which has your name and seat number on it, just take it down and know which hall you're exam is in

Sound. Hope this'll serve the same purpose for others doing exams there for the first time, cheers for the responses lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Is the Blackrock Exam Centre the one just in the entrance to the right?

Is the Blackrock Exam Centre the one just in the entrance to the right?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Maybe it would be an idea to create a post with all the exam location and travel tips etc. on it and have the mods sticky it everytime the exams are coming up.

Anyone agree?

Advertisement