Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usually high amount of teenage scumbags around town this evening

Options
  • 07-12-2008 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I dont know if it was just me but i thought there was a higher than normal amount of drunk teenagers around town tonight.

Just wondering if there was something special on, or is there usually this amount around on a Saturday night.

I was walking on shop street and outside the kings head and there was a young fella about 15 getting sick. Was kinda funny.

There was a load of them drinking around the spanish arch and I met another gang of about 30 around woodquay.

Anyway just wondering.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

It's just a Saturday thing really...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,482 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

they are multiplying like rats in Galway, seems to be more and more about every week

I was out and with my woolly hat can look like a scumbag but I promise I am not.

I did notice a lot of kids with dodgy haircuts out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

How were they scymbags? Did they mug you? Spit at you? Shout abuse at you?

Sounds like a typical Sat night, people bushing before going into a pub/club and you're just being paranoid passing crowds of young people - Sounds like a problem you've got there, might wanna get it sorted

I went for a walk in town last night (couldn't be bothered drinkin) and passed groups of people drinkin (down the arch, long walk etc.) and didn't pass any heed of them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Someone mentioned to me that there seemed to be far more drunk kids around than usual, near the Roisin etc. Didn't really notice myself. Maybe they were around for the ice rink or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

JohnCleary wrote: »

Sounds like a typical Sat night, people bushing before going into a pub/club and you're just being paranoid passing crowds of young people - Sounds like a problem you've got there, might wanna get it sorted

I went for a walk in town last night (couldn't be bothered drinkin) and passed groups of people drinkin (down the arch, long walk etc.) and didn't pass any heed of them
    John shut up will ya, you know a scumbag when ya see one, clearly under 18, wear hoodies, reebok classic and drink at the weekends because there usually in school all week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I was out and with my woolly hat can look like a scumbag but I promise I am not.

I did notice a lot of kids with dodgy haircuts out though.

What's a dodgy haircut? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

cornbb wrote: »
    Someone mentioned to me that there seemed to be far more drunk kids around than usual, near the Roisin etc. Didn't really notice myself. Maybe they were around for the ice rink or something?

If there was more drunk kids around than usual I don't think it was because of the ice rink. Me and a couple of my friends went to the ice skating rink just for a look last night (we were thinking of going on Monday) and we ended up actually going skating last night at about 10 o clock or so. Didn't notice any young folk hanging around near the rink and there were none in it.

Noticed a few young people hanging around drinking but it didn't strike me that there was more than usual to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Zzippy wrote: »
    What's a dodgy haircut? :confused:

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4246016870

behold, the classic mullets group on bebo, ie 16 year old knobs

1052364902a8641489098ml.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Ha, weirdly i cant thank you Jizz, but +1 anyways.

• Advertisement

yeah-buddy wrote: »
    John shut up will ya
    Um, how about no?
    you know a scumbag when ya see one, clearly under 18, wear hoodies, reebok classic and drink at the weekends because there usually in school all week
    Sounds like a typical teenager to me?
    Under 18 - Check
    Wears a hoodie - Yeah, teenagers wear those - Infact I have a few myself
    Reebok Classic - Um, pretty certain i've had a pair of those for playin indoor soccer etc.... omgzzz
    Drinks on weekends - Check. According to that check half of Galway must be scumbags, cause they drink on the weekend

Sh1t, according to your uber accurate checklist, I'm (or used to be) a scumbag! F00k, where's the dole office :rolleyes:

Sounds like typical internet nerds afraid to even be in the same area as people from a different social circle/attitude - Yeah teenage drunkards can be a pain in the arse, but there's ways to deal with all types of people. OP didn't mention how these people were scumbags, and definately didn't bother/annoy/assualt/anything the OP because if they did he'd be on here cribbing about it along with the rest of his post.

Grow up children

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Some winos around that area of Galway will purchase off licence gargle for the teenies...for a 'fee' obviously .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You'd swear that some of the Galway boardsies have a posh approach to life. I am often out with my friends in town and we never bother anyone.

Wtf are ye calling people scumbags for wearing hoodies for ? Not all of us make daily visits to Tommy Hilfiger or Brown Thomas. Did said scumbags nick your wallet or rape you.

What would knackerdwarf think if he saw this posh nonsense. He would want to be included in it for one.

Lay off the coffee folks and just don't let someone's appearance bother you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

As long as they're not hassling anyone or up to any ill shít, who gives a flying crap what they do? Underage drinking isn't anything new, and for most "scumbags" the hoodie, trainers, dodgy haircut thing is only a phase before they go to study medicine, law or work in Supermacs. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

There were an awful amount of scumbags around last night, not all young lads, they don't bother me. Just cause some 15 year old is gettin sick outside the kings head doesnt make him a scumbag, I've been there and done that. There were an over amount of scum out last night, you know the tinker type and I got some abuse thrown my way by some pr*cks, much prefer the students during the week.

On the other side, there were allot of pretentious w*nkers around also (most heading to Halo!!) so it tends to even itself out!

Madness altogether Ted, I only say this because I walked out Salthill, along the prom, down Claddagh, stopped off for a look at the ice rink, accross to the Spanish Arch, down the Docks to se the Solent Fisher head off, up Eyre Square, down through down, down Domnick Street and then back home - And I didn't think anything was different from any other Sat night ie. Plenty of p1ssed people, but same about of each 'group' of people than you'd normally see - Nobody bothered me, I bothered nobody, everyone's hapy

PS. Loved the atmosphere out walking last night, all foggy and cold and people slipping everywhere :D (Myself and the GF nearly took a tumble a few times, hilarious) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 grime

indeed i think we have all been there and done that, i remember being 15 and drunk getting a mcdonalds at midnight, then throwing up in the park.

good times :) cant remember if i wore a hoody, probably but i couldnt stand wearing that kinda clothing anymore.

give them some slack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

All the times I've been out in Galway, only had two incidents. One with a 13 year old kid who set his kickboxing cousin and his mates on us, (the other an attempted mugging by two winos)
    Really I'd say that is what makes a scumbag. Usualy it's just a few kids drinking down by the SpArch. Hell, I've hoodies, sneakers and have sported the infamous dodgy haircut on occasions.

Galway is pretty sound when it comes down to it.

Think the OP should spend some time in a proper scumbag area (ie. St. Mary's Park in Limerick) - Don't think he'd be so quick to call people drinkin' on the streets scumbags anymore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

It's farcical how some parts of the town have become gathering places for these cretins on the weekends, their various scumbag beverages in tow - unfortunately all the regular decent people have to put up with these burdens on society...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

All the times I've been out in Galway, only had two incidents. One with a 13 year old kid who set his kickboxing cousin and his mates on us, (the other an attempted mugging by two winos)
    Really I'd say that is what makes a scumbag. Usualy it's just a few kids drinking down by the SpArch. Hell, I've hoodies, sneakers and have sported the infamous dodgy haircut on occasions.

Galway is pretty sound when it comes down to it.

Whereabouts did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

Think the OP should spend some time in a proper scumbag area (ie. St. Mary's Park in Limerick) - Don't think he'd be so quick to call people drinkin' on the streets scumbags anymore :pac:

I think you should be worrying about your own backyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Dunno about "scumbags", whatever they are, but I did think that there were rather more people than usual-for-Saturday-night on the bridge and Dominic Street last night.

I thought there were more teenagers than usual wandering around Eyre Square around 6-ish on Friday night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

j22 wrote: »
    I dont know if it was just me but i thought there was a higher than normal amount of drunk teenagers around town tonight.

Just wondering if there was something special on, or is there usually this amount around on a Saturday night.

I was walking on shop street and outside the kings head and there was a young fella about 15 getting sick. Was kinda funny.

There was a load of them drinking around the spanish arch and I met another gang of about 30 around woodquay.

Anyway just wondering.

So u or your mates never drank when you were under 18? An automatic assumption of scumbags is a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

. OP didn't mention how these people were scumbags, and definately didn't bother/annoy/assualt/anything the OP because if they did he'd be on here cribbing about it along with the rest of his post.

Grow up children

Well I was with a friend and he met someone he knew. This young fella about 15/16 was walking drinking a bottle of fat frog. He started mouthing at the fella my friend was talking. Trying to look like the big man in front of his friends. Im pretty sure i can call him a scumbag. The fella he was mouthing at was late 20s and was kind of geeky looking and all the young fella was doing was looking for a reaction

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

JohnCleary has been pretty much spot on in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Whereabouts did that happen?

SpArch. Kid ran up, stole a tin, ran off and came back with a gang of lads older than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

I saw about 30 eighteen year olds down near the Kashmir and some of them were shouting at and intimidating people as they walked by and were wearing tracksuits, Reeboks, mullets etc.

Maybe you missed it that night but you know exactly what the OP is talking about and you're trolling! This is Galway not Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

I'd like to add that yes, their is far more scumbags looks around town, they may not be bad, it's just the style at the moment, i personally don't like the appearence, makes the town look S.h.ite and cheap, but when you have shops that charge at the highest prices in europe then what choice does one have + their is f u c k all! a young guy can do in Galway,! desides the limited choice of sports, crap transport, you can't live a constructive lifestyle from 12-19years,

I don't like judging the appearence for people, but seariously the council and schools have got to modernize childern and students!!

and give them a reason so you don't get this bu l l sh it!! gathering and drinking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

cL0h wrote: »
    I saw about 30 eighteen year olds down near the Kashmir and some of them were shouting at and intimidating people as they walked by and were wearing tracksuits, Reeboks, mullets etc.

Maybe you missed it that night but you know exactly what the OP is talking about and you're trolling! This is Galway not Limerick.

yeah i was in there at around nine and saw them across the road, did actually comment on it when i got back to the housemates, they hadnt started the verbals at that stage and i was alone ...... maybe it was the fact i was wearing a hoodie and thought i was like old school:D

Advertisement