Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinds needed urgently, 3rd Electronic Engineering

Options
  • 07-12-2008 6:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

Thoroughly screwed for 2 exams on Thursday. If anyone knows enough about these subjects (or knows anyone else... ) to teach I'd be willing to pay €35 per subject to go through a paper with me (which I'm guessing would take about an hour?).

The first "Signals and Communications", and is basically Fourier Series (Exponential and Trigonometic) and Fourier Transforms and design of Filters. I have solutions to the past papers but don't have a lot of the notes (OK I didn't go to the lectures :o). The notation on the internet is far too different from the course and so I can't figure it out. Here's the papers for that to give you an idea: http://www.library.nuigalway.ie/cgi-bin/search_papers.cgi?keywords=ee308&acyear=All+Years&semester=All+Semesters&faculty=All+faculties

The second is "Analogue Systems Design". I pretty much know what's coming up but don't understand it at all. Equations seem to come from nowhere or completely contradict my understanding of electronics. Basically I can't get my head around how a transistor operates. See the notes attached for an idea, ignore topics 4 and 6.

If anyone is up to this let me know ASAP.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Analog Systems design? Is that P Cor teaching that?

Did he give out any revision sheets at the end of the year? I'll not say any more...

Sigs and Comms is hard though.... DSP next year will be fun too!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

check out students union website in nuig. It gives you a list of tutors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Analog is a memory test, you cant really get grinds in it. You probably have a decent idea whats coming up at this stage :pac:. Just learn off one question at a time. Also if you forget some of the question in the exam make sure to still right the answer (if you just happen to know it :))!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Analog Systems design? Is that P Cor teaching that?

Did he give out any revision sheets at the end of the year? I'll not say any more...

Yeah that's him. The revision sheets are attached I just can't understand them for the life of me. I have a hard time memorising things that I don't understand.

Thanks for the advice people

Advertisement