Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

that thread again - nightclubs

Options
  • 07-12-2008 6:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

okay ive been browsing the forums for an answer to my questions, but i cant seem to find it? and why isnt there a sticky with some nightclub guide? anywho.

i like all clubs, ive basically moved here from uk 5 months ago to work in my early/mid 20s. and i just love clubs and the atomsphere dont care where it is aslong as i dont get stabbed.

okay im familiar with most of the clubs except halos since ive never thought the price tag is worth it.

anyway i wanted to know what clubs are busy/busiest or relatively busy. on every night of the week,

especially sundays, and i know gpo is busy on a monday night due to students... aww thank god for the students :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

well, you wont get stabbed anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

grime wrote: »
    okay ive been browsing the forums for an answer to my questions, but i cant seem to find it? and why isnt there a sticky with some nightclub guide? anywho.

i like all clubs, ive basically moved here from uk 5 months ago to work in my early/mid 20s. and i just love clubs and the atomsphere dont care where it is aslong as i dont get stabbed.

okay im familiar with most of the clubs except halos since ive never thought the price tag is worth it.

anyway i wanted to know what clubs are busy/busiest or relatively busy. on every night of the week,

especially sundays, and i know gpo is busy on a monday night due to students... aww thank god for the students :)

How many nights a week do you usually go out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

Karma's a good spot at the weekend, its over 20's on a friday and saturday and they tend not to let you in with runners, but there's usually a respectable, decent crowd in there, Thursday night is their strongest night during the week but again even though its a younger crowd its usually good.

Club K do a 2.50 drink on a wednesday and its usually packed...but lets be honest its a dump! CP's is ladies night on Wednesday night aswell, its usually busy!

Tuesday night I think are dead, but I like bar 903 on a tuesday night, nice atmosphere with some good bands.

Monday night all the decent clubs, Cuba/Karma/CP's/GPO are pretty good.

Sunday Night is usually good in CP's.

I've never been to Halo so can't comment, as I said before Club K is a dump, Coyotes is like a sweat pit, disgusting! There's some place called the Warwick, I saw their stampers out on Friday night....dunno where it is or what its like! and Club LA is a g*y bar, or at least it was, I've never been... Hope that helps

chrussell wrote: »
    There's some place called the Warwick, I saw their stampers out on Friday night....dunno where it is or what its like!
    Lower Salthill - it is a hotel where most of the ground floor is used as a club. It's next to what used to be the Oasis / a strip club.

I think LA - the club that used to be Church Lane and then went gay - has gone Polish now.

I haven't been in a club in Galway in a few years so I can't help other wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 grime

just want to know whats good on what days

monday-
    tuesday-
    wednesday-
    thursday-

etc.

i go out on random days. my work gives me different days off every week. also i dont mind any type of crowd whether people are late teens or in their 30s as long as it has a buzzing atomphere i dont care about the age groups :)

and about how many times i go out... it depends if i have the money and days off, people to go out with :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

chrussell wrote: »
    Club LA is a g*y bar, or at least it was, I've never been...

Yeah, yeah, we believe you... ;)

Advertisement