Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tricks to get to sleep?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I often get more alert when listening to music and start paying attention to it.

Knew someone who could only sleep with the tv on. This resulted in a Law and Order marathon and me having some seriously fúcked up dreams. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sweeno

read a book nd dont stop till u fall asleep, its the only method that works for me, and even then it doesnt work every night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Nerin wrote: »
    Does this chloroform smell funny to you?
    Thief!!
    When I get involved, nobody has hope of defilthyfying it. My mind is corrupt beyond belief.. the amount of hassle I get from friends for making _EVERYTHING_ into filth. So many lulz from it though.
    Same here. Just ask Nerin!! But oh the lolz.

When you sleep, your body temperature drops, so Try having a cool shower if you cant sleep. Dont have the heating on either, esp if your bed's next to a rad.

Counting sheep is actually counter productive to sleeping, because you're keeping your mind active.

Start going to sleep at the same time each night. It helps you're body tell itself when its time for bed.

Don't do stimulating exercise(we won't include sex in this, coz of the melatonin released, and falling asleep with someone else in the bed helps alot)Exercise gets the heart pumping more, increasing blood flow to your brain and body, upping your body temp and brain activity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

1. Make sure you are completely comfortable. No noises, no lights, clean bedsheets.
    2. Breath in.
    3. When exhaling tell yourself to relax all the muscles in your body.
    4. Go to step 2.

I've been working nights for four years and this is the best solution I've found.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lots of whiskey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Lots of whiskey.

haha i dont think thats sleeping! closer to dying.

:p

I think as soon as you think about sleep, youv effectively destroyed any chance of actually sleeping!

Its a completely natural process! stop viewing this thread, we are all going to think to hard about it!!:eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

amp wrote: »
    1. Make sure you are completely comfortable. No noises, no lights, clean bedsheets.
    2. Breath in.
    3. When exhaling tell yourself to relax all the muscles in your body.
    4. Go to step 2.

I've been working nights for four years and this is the best solution I've found.
    or try relaxing from the toes and up over a short while

don't go for a walk , read or go on the interweb as that'll just get your brain to wake up again

Advertisement