Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cover week rosta ( help me )

Options
  • 07-12-2008 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

hi all , hopefully someone can help me out . i work for a shipping company and my rosta is worked over an 8 week cycle . i work a 2 shift cycle , am and pm but not overnite . anyhow the problem is once in the 8 week spell i have to work a cover week , this i thought was a standard 39 hr wk , but of late i have been doing 6 day ie 48 hr week nearly everytime i am on cover week , on top of that the extra day is working the sunday . i feel a bit victimised as the rest of the staff dont really get hit with the 6 day week , i get no extra money . lads who are above me where all under the impression cover week was a 39 hr week but as i am only new in the job i feel my manager to trying to screw me . when i confronted her she said that nowhere in the contract does it say that cover wk is a 39hr wk , but it doesnt say that it should be more .

please someone help me get to the bottom of these or point me in the right direction to seek help

kind regards

andy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Get onto NERA - the National Employments Rights Authority.

They will advise you about the legal obligations of your employer. Look into the EU Working Time directive, I believe it is there to ensure you work no more than 48 hours a week, or something to that affect.

Advertisement